Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'97 Catera
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my Cat is about halfway back together, next thing to do is the timing belt. Unfortunately, no one around here rents the kit I need, and buying one is out of the question. So, is there anyone on here that rents them for just the cost of a refundable deposit? There is a guy in the UK that does, however the cost of shipping is killer to get it here and back.

·
Registered
'97 Catera
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh my..... it took me 6 months alone to sell enough stuff to get the $285 I just spent to order all my parts, even though I get that $119 back....I just don't have the $119 to do it.

Anyone wanna go 50/50 on it? Someone can send me half the money, I'll rent it, use it, send it to you, you use it and send it back, and I'll paypal your 50% back to you. Unless ledfix can rent it for like 14 days.... I only need it for 1-2 days.

·
Registered
Catera 2001
343 Posts
Oh my..... it took me 6 months alone to sell enough stuff to get the $285 I just spent to order all my parts, even though I get that $119 back....I just don't have the $119 to do it.

Anyone wanna go 50/50 on it? Someone can send me half the money, I'll rent it, use it, send it to you, you use it and send it back, and I'll paypal your 50% back to you. Unless ledfix can rent it for like 14 days.... I only need it for 1-2 days.
Search for OTC 6687 on Google and these go for like $78US or so.

I got one but I am near Toronto, Ontario and the shipping is terrible from here to anywhere south of Niagra Falls.

Good luck.

·
Registered
'97 Catera
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I'd be glad to pay the shipping here and back to borrow it. I can guarantee you that I won't rip you off! If you want to borrow it to me, let me know via PM and I'll get back to you. I know there are a lot of people out there that would steal it, but I'm not that kind of person... it's bad enough I had a hard time getting the money to order the parts I needed....plus I'm a strong believer in Karma.

·
Registered
Catera 2001
343 Posts
I need the timing belt kit also, it seems no mechanics around my area have them to do the work.
If you are near Toronto I will be happy to help if I am helped back to change my belt.

I can not loan it till I do my belt over the next 3 or 4 weeks.

Sorry I am not rolling in cash either ;)

·
Registered
'97 Catera
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are near Toronto I will be happy to help if I am helped back to change my belt.

I can not loan it till I do my belt over the next 3 or 4 weeks.

Sorry I am not rolling in cash either ;)
That's not a problem at all... I won't be able to mine for at least a month!

·
Registered
'97 Catera
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I saw that... I just simply don't have the $300 refundable deposit to shell out to rent one, even for a few days.

It's bad enough I had to scrap a car I had, sell parts off of it, and sell a few prized possessions just to order what I have for the car now.

·
Registered
catera
449 Posts
wgoins88.. man if your tight for money, I would sell the catera now! ha.. I have a 2000 I just deceided to sell.. I have over $2000 into it in 9 months, and I have a warranty! they will kill you if you dont have 2-300 a month to invest. they may be ok for 2-3 months.. then bam.. 800 repair!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts