Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
MONS PUBIS! My old '88 Sedan Deville had those chrome "belt-buckle straps" and fake fifth wheel - and yes, they came from the dealer that way. The 1st owner had spec'd them when the car was ordered.

Those belt-thingies were put on with spikes through the trunk - I had to have the holes filled and the trunklid re-painted before I could consider myself "well-shut" of them!!!

How gauche! How droll! How bourgeois!

·
Registered
1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
3,338 Posts
MONS PUBIS! My old '88 Sedan Deville had those chrome "belt-buckle straps" and fake fifth wheel - and yes, they came from the dealer that way. The 1st owner had spec'd them when the car was ordered.

Those belt-thingies were put on with spikes through the trunk - I had to have the holes filled and the trunklid re-painted before I could consider myself "well-shut" of them!!!

How butt-ugly.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Baby's got back.

The perfect vanity plates for that car: VULGAR1

T

·
0 Posts
I bet it isn't a white mans car. A slab is what it's parked on. what do you mean by slab? TexasCadillac

·
Registered
97 Lac Deville
204 Posts
almost anyone in houston knows whut a 'slab' is......for those of u that dont know- an old american car(caddy, buick, lincoln, ect.) candy painted, 84s or 83s(rims off the cadillacs from 1983-84), belts n buckles, 5th wheel, pop trunk(actuators that lift the trunk up n down while driving), screens, and bang(sound system, bout 4 15's)

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
I figured it was a slang name for the continental kits they had in the late '50s applied to modern cars.

·
Registered
97 Lac Deville
204 Posts
84s ARE FWD....u need to get adapters for RWD cars...and a 'slab' is the type of car like a donk is a car lifted of 28's or sumin or an off road car....
and the continental kit slang are called 5th wheel, bumper kit, or the say 5th wheel reclinin..cuz the put actuators on them and the recline back and forth...any other ?'s

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
I want to see somebody do all that stuff you just said to a CTS. That would blow my mind.

·
Registered
1993 CDV 102k
982 Posts
84s ARE FWD....u need to get adapters for RWD cars...and a 'slab' is the type of car like a donk is a car lifted of 28's or sumin or an off road car....
and the continental kit slang are called 5th wheel, bumper kit, or the say 5th wheel reclinin..cuz the put actuators on them and the recline back and forth...any other ?'s
So in 1983 and 84 Cadillacs were FWD cars? Do explain.

·
Registered
Custom 2005 Cadillac Deville, Pimp Edition
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

you should of kept them. ; )

·
Registered
Custom 2005 Cadillac Deville, Pimp Edition
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
almost anyone in houston knows whut a 'slab' is......for those of u that dont know- an old american car(caddy, buick, lincoln, ect.) candy painted, 84s or 83s(rims off the cadillacs from 1983-84), belts n buckles, 5th wheel, pop trunk(actuators that lift the trunk up n down while driving), screens, and bang(sound system, bout 4 15's)
do you have a slab? personally, im not big on 83s, 84s, or blades, so I just went with the Vogues and whitewalls

1 - 20 of 30 Posts