Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a Tweeter, a custom car shop in Houston, the other day and was asking about installing the jl audio stealth box. After i heard his price (which was ridiculously high) i stop really paying attention to what he was saying about. Although, thinking back he had said something intresting.

I was told that that if you plug your after market sub's amp into the Bose system you will not get the full potential out of your sub. You need some sort of adaptor to split the signal because the Bose system cuts the bass down when the volume is increased so that you wont blow the factory. Thats cool for the mids and highs but it will take away from your subs.

All it is is a few wires and a small box but i forgot what it is called or who makes it. Does anybody know what this device is called?

·
Registered
2004 Escalade EXT
195 Posts
Yeah i did the same thing vjraw, I went to tweeter and nearly had a heart attack when they told me the price. Since then i decided to just get a box built to replace the mid gate cause i really dont use it anymore. But yeah mja is right that interface is what you need, i have the C2a-GM24, VCI-GM2 and the AAI-GM24. Pac makes some great interfaces, AND TWEETER IS HORRIBLE!!! just my 2 cents for ya

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
Tweeter is terrible!
they are really expensive for a little above average work. WHen you go next time see if any of the guys in the car bay work in other audio shops, ask around for a better place cause tweeters sucks!

and any 10" subs put with the stock bose system suck! I have 2 10's and an amp and it is crap compared to people with an aftermarket headunit. I am replacing the whole system in my truck, its good for a stock system but not for me.

Peace

G

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
mja said:
You want to get the PAC C2a-gm24 check it out at www.pac-audio.com look under oem interface
BTW I bought the pac thingy for the ipod and it isnt worth it, It sounds almost like using a tape adapter, there is still background noise. Also the volume doesnt get that loud, usually i have to have my ipod on full volume or a little less. If your going to be using your stock headunit for a long time than it would be worth the 50 bucks, other than that dont get it.

Peace Again

G

1 - 7 of 7 Posts