Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya, it happened. I closed the garage door with the bumper sticking out partially :bomb: :crying:

The garage door didn't dent it, thank god, but it went all the way down, taking a 1/2" wide, 5" long strip of paint with it!!

What touch up paint should I use. I assume that I also will need some sort of clear coat? I have half a can of spray on clear coat in the garage, maybe I can mask off the rest of the bumper and use that on top of the touch up paint.

This sucks.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I keep forgetting how extensive the FAQ is... *slap on the wrist*

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
unless you really know what your doing, or are prepared for an unprofessional looking result, keep the spray cans away from your car. If it's that bad you might want to have a body shop do it......

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
442 Posts
I couldn't find any for my '04 platinum V and finally found my way to Fred Bean Caddy/Pontiac. I was informed that different production runs of cars had different suppliers of paint. I gave them my VIN and they gave me an exact duplicate of my paint for touch up. Something to think about.

Jack

·
Registered
2005 ctsv
54 Posts
I feel your pain. I kinda had the same thing but it sounds like mine was smaller. I pulled the stock exhaust out from the back of the car and I thought I pulled it out far enough. When I lifted it it scraped the bottom angled side of the bumber. There is a local company that alot of the dealerships use to touch up their used cars. They airbrush it. They did a great job, I cannot tell where they did it unless I get under and real close. It cost $140 but worth every penny. My wife drove into my kegorator fridge in the garage with her new Jeep Grand Cherokee, I would not hesitate to call them back and bring the Jeep in. A local body shop was quoting $400 over the phone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts