Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS 2.0T AWD Luxury
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at accessories and noticed they have 2 types of suspension packages? Anyone have any info on this? Does it work with magna ride?

PART NO. MSRP* BRAND/MODEL
Front and Rear Suspension Modification Kit, For use with 2.0L Turbo LTG Engine #23464723 $395.00 Cadillac/CTS Sedan

This accessory is applicable for years: 2014, 2015, 2016

Front and Rear Suspension Modification Kit, For use with 3.6L LFX Engine #23464724 $395.00

·
Registered
2014 CTS 2.0T
44 Posts
Re: Cadillac Offers CTS Vsport Performance Suspension Upgrade Package As Accessory R

Interesting. I'm a little surprised it doesn't require the MRC suspension. I'd think perhaps the standard dampers are a little soft for the firmer spring setup.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
879 Posts
Re: Cadillac Offers CTS Vsport Performance Suspension Upgrade Package As Accessory R

Interesting. I'm a little surprised it doesn't require the MRC suspension. I'd think perhaps the standard dampers are a little soft for the firmer spring setup.
Agree 100%. Stiffer springs require stiffer dampers for anything that resembles optimum performance.

For that matter, even if you have MRC, I would also have to wonder if the calibrations are the same... normal CTS vs VSport.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
879 Posts
The blog referred to above is a somewhat misleading, particularly when it speculates a cost of $395 per corner. The price for everything shown (4 wheels, 4 tires, TPS monitors, front & rear springs, front & rear anti-roll bars, etc.) is over $4000. The price for the suspension kit only (springs & bars) is $395. If that included installation, it would be a huge bargain... but I'll bet it doesn't! :)

Go here: http://www.cadillacaccessories.com/

Click "sedans", then click on "All new CTS Sedan", then click on the suspension package in the lower right corner of the drop-down.

·
Registered
'14 ATS 2.0T 6MT
461 Posts
I believe the FE3 springs are lower but not necessarily that much stiffer in the main operating range (progressive coils).

Can you even get FE2/MRC? I thought MRC was only on FE3. GM parts catalog only shows one shock for FE3 and its an MRC unit.

Springs WILL obviously be different for 2.0 and 3.6 (weight).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts