Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's an old topic, but I don't think I've "seen" anyone with one installed - I am curious to se where it meets up with the dual air intake of the 3.2 - and how it meets up!

Thanks!!

Jerry

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
i just pulled mine off, due to me doing an engine swap otherwise i would have taken plenty for ya...sorry man

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, txbest1980 -

It figures!! :) Hey, What are you putting in it's place? Another 3.2 or something else?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, is this intake specifically for the 3.2 since its a different engine than the 3.6 and if so would you be interested in selling it?

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
Ok, is this intake specifically for the 3.2 since its a different engine than the 3.6 and if so would you be interested in selling it?
it is specifically for the 3.2L...i will shoot you a PM here shortly

·
Registered
NONE
117 Posts
^^^ looks bootleg, they need to do something abotu the rubber corrogated hoses and all those bends. i underatadn the idea of the valve but theres no good justification on why you cant jsut bypass it (other than it not running correctly). someone needs to fix thsi issue.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
You're talking airbox, not intake manifold, right? Actually, the 3.6 and 3.2 airboxes are interchangeable at the MAF. The difference is in the tube between the MAF mounted to the airbox, and the throttle body on the intake manifold. just reuse your stock tubes and you're golden. The 3.2 has a tuned intake tube that snakes somewhat with a valve in it to allow slightly more torque at low RPM and HP at higher RPM. May look unsightly, but engineered to make the car run better.

On the 3.2, the Volant re-uses the entire stock tubing between the MAF and the throttlebodies. The K&N replaces a short elbow of it after the MAF.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts