Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
08 Platinum Escalade, 08 CTS, 01 TransAm WS6, 07 SolsticeGXP
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again!

I am looking at the various types of rear license plate frames out there.

I see some have two little Cadillac logos on either side of the Cadillac script.

I am just wondering if you have that model, or any pictures of it. I am wondering if the logos are too much, since there is already the big logo in the center of the trunk.

And I also noticed there are two sizes to the Cadillac script. Some license frames say Cadillac relatively small, yet others are stretched most of the bottom.

If anyone has any thoughts or photos of their rear-ends (the cars!!) with this type of chrome frame, I'd love to see them. I am really not sure which one to get...

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yeah....I think they're ridiculous. Your car says Cadillac enough.
Agree completely. I think the neatest frames are as simple and thin as possible - no logos or embellishment of any kind - and then painted to match the color of the car. It finishes off the edges of the license plates in a subtle way and looks very clean.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, cool.
I had a feeling too many logos would make it look too busy.
However, I do have to say that I don't think the car says Cadillac enough! :)
I LOVE that script, and grew up with it.
I don't see it on the doors; the trunk; ...nowhere, actually.

But I will definitely forego more logos!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts

·
Registered
White Diamond 2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 (Fully Loaded)
75 Posts
Well I guess I'm in the minority on this one but I don't think that the license plate frames witht the Caddy logos on each end look bad or over do it with emblems. The emblems on the frame are pretty small and don't attract too much attention but rather add a small detail. The emblem on the trunk is the only one that is really visible until you approach and take a good look from a few feet. But hey, I'm the guy with the white Caddy riding on chrome 22s with two 12 inch subs in the trunk so I guess I'm a bit louder than most. I do have to say that I really like the Caddy license plate screw covers. I may look into that because my caps keep on falling off due to all of the bass in my trunk.

Here's the pic you asked for.

Attachments

·
Registered
09 CTS DI AWD FE2 Loaded, 04 Expedition, 84 Camaro Z28 HO
133 Posts
Hi Michael 514,

Most of the Cadillac script license frames were "too much" for my taste,
so I got a high-quality thinline frame
(stainless steel: available in chrome, black chrome, or gold finish
http://www.licenseplates.tv/prod/sleek_design_black_c_1503.html?osCsid=5e163f7131f9c59b49694a879755d8ef)
to inconspicuously cover the raw edges of my license plate,
and Cadillac crest logo screw covers
(http://www.thevintagegroup.com/products/snap.shtml).

I like those black stainless ones for my black car. I will be ordering one of these soon for my father's day present, probably with the raised chrome "CTS" on it. (see link)
http://www.licenseplates.tv/prod/3d_black_chrome_lice_1352.html
I need a black one to make the black rear radar detector reciever / shifter blend in a little better. I might get something custom on it other than "CTS", but not sure what would be good. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts
You will shortly have a choice of Cadillac logos or the Obama Motors logos.
Indeed...OBAMA-Gettelfinger MOTORS, INC., may soon be reality...hot off the newswire:

" GM bankruptcy plan includes government debt relief
Tue May 19, 2009 1:24pm EDT

(Reuters) - General Motors Corp's bankruptcy plan includes the sale of healthy assets to a new company, owned by U.S. government, a source said on Tuesday.
* Bankruptcy plan includes proposal for labor, old unsecured creditors to get stock in new company
* Secured creditors claims will transfer to new company
* Plan calls for U.S. to extend credit line to new company; Treasury to forgive bulk of $15.4 billion of loans "

·
Registered
08 Light Platinum CTS
219 Posts
Okay, cool.
I had a feeling too many logos would make it look too busy.
However, I do have to say that I don't think the car says Cadillac enough! :)
I LOVE that script, and grew up with it.
I don't see it on the doors; the trunk; ...nowhere, actually.

But I will definitely forego more logos!

Thanks!

I also love the Cadillac script. So I placed one on the car.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Here's a novelty plate frame that we produced for another member here a while back:

The frames are flat (no rolled edges) so they sit on top of the plate and won't scratch the car. Every inch of our frames can be imprinted however you like.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is BRILLIANT!!

I should get, "My other GM is a Trans AM"

LOL!

Thanks for all the ideas guys!

I figure I'll order one of the above, and if I'm not crazy about it, I'll put it on my '04 (which I gave to my girlfriend!)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 ATS 3.6 RWD Premium
502 Posts
I used the GM oem color matched frame for my 2008 Light Platinum. Its the same frame we use on the C6 Corvettes from Gene at GMPartsHouse. I ordered the Machine Silver (67U - 2006 Vette color) and it matches my 2008 Light Platinum perfectly. There are a few vette colors 2005-2009 that match the Cadillac colors. Puts the final touch on the plate surround. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 CRYSTAL RED TINTCOAT/LIGHT TITANIUM
295 Posts
I chose a polished stainless steel frame with tempered glass and stainless hardware. It's quite heavy and won't rust or fade. It matches the CTS chrome nicely and won't need to be replaced every year. I got it at AutoSport. com; a bit pricey at $60.00, but as I said it won't need to be replaced for a good long while.

·
Registered
2009 CTS
18 Posts
The back end of the CTS already has "CTS" and the Caddy emblem prominently displayed. Nowhere on the car is the classis "Cadillac" script logo. So that's why I went with a chrome license plate surround that has the classic logo at the bottom. I went with silver lettering (rather than black), so it looks like the logo is etched in.

·
Registered
09 CTS DI AWD FE2 Loaded, 04 Expedition, 84 Camaro Z28 HO
133 Posts
The back end of the CTS already has "CTS" and the Caddy emblem prominently displayed. Nowhere on the car is the classis "Cadillac" script logo. So that's why I went with a chrome license plate surround that has the classic logo at the bottom. I went with silver lettering (rather than black), so it looks like the logo is etched in.
You make a good point. Maybe I'll go with this one that is engraved (staying black) ...
http://www.licenseplates.tv/prod/black_chrome_license_6189.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts