Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found this on ebay/Australia. It's as close to a engine swap kit as you can get. Even the Lingenfelter kit has no engine or tranny. This package contains an Holden (Buick) Ecotec 3.8L V6, Gertrag manual 5 speed, the pedal box, ECU, wiring harness, the ancillaries, the whole shebang. Since there's no bridge to OZ so I could drive over and pick it up I was hoping one of you had a freighter I could borrow for the weekend. A small one will do.

click

·
Registered
Cadillac
13 Posts
No ship but a buddy of mine is coming over from Melbourne in June maybe he could stash it as extra baggage

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm. That boat of yours looks like it could handle that V6. Now if I hang a prop on the end of the Getrag and load as much gas as she can carry.................

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No ship but a buddy of mine is coming over from Melbourne in June maybe he could stash it as extra baggage
Thanks but with my luck one of those customs agents might own a Catera and keep it for his car. Who could blame him? Look at what he's forced to drive on the job. Gives me the willies.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Supercharger? Who cares? Doesn't matter now. The auction is over. The dream is dead. :crying2:

·
Registered
Opel Omega
1,419 Posts
I am sure you can ship that as freight, a few of my friends have shipped stuff to europe in large containers... and I think it cost around a 1000$ to rent it out... many of them stash a car full of goodies... then park it in the container... then stash more goodies around the car... and then they ship it there, so its not impossible, however the seller may not want to deal with the hassle of shipping it in a large container.

Good luck man!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts