Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I over cooked my right front side marker lens.:stirpot: I'm converting, unsucessfully I might add, the side markers to have clear lenses. I followed the instructions and the left one came apart just fine. The right one wouldn't cooperate though. So, I thought it needed more heat. I managed to deform all of it, to the point that it isn't salvageable. I called the local Cadillac dealer and they would be happy to order one for me for $27.51 plus tax. I just thought that someone else that has performed this operation might have a spare. If no one has any I'll just order some off of ebay. Thank you. :)
Bill

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
I over cooked my right front side marker lens.:stirpot: I'm converting, unsucessfully I might add, the side markers to have clear lenses. I followed the instructions and the left one came apart just fine. The right one wouldn't cooperate though. So, I thought it needed more heat. I managed to deform all of it, to the point that it isn't salvageable. I called the local Cadillac dealer and they would be happy to order one for me for $27.51 plus tax. I just thought that someone else that has performed this operation might have a spare. If no one has any I'll just order some off of ebay. Thank you. :)
Bill
Ive got 2 smoked (not clear) lenses available if you want. 25 bux shipped to your door.

F

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no. Fortunately, I didn't hurt the new clear lenses that I got from WW. It's the base to the original lense that I toasted. Thank you very much for the offers though.

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
you mean the back ... the black part... yeah ... you're much better off buying from the dealer

very few people will just have an extra one of those lying around

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone. I ordered a new one from RockAuto for $13.65. They really can't be beat. No, I don't work for them but I wish I did. :worship:

·
Registered
'05 ProCharged cts-V -Silver on Black
673 Posts
OK ,

Who's got the smoked lenses ? I'm interested in them

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Same here if another set's available, after rlj5 in line.
Anyone know where you can get tail lights besides GM?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts