Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V M6 and 2013 ATS 3.6L Premium
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never seen a photo, just curious what it looks like under there?

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport white tri coat/cashmere interior
291 Posts
http://youtu.be/ddJMjuoEFQ8 It's ridiculously difficult to post pictures up on this forum so I pretty much quit doing that. Here's a video that I made that shows what it looks like without it. To take it off you simply unscrew the oil filler cap, remove one bolt on the passenger front, and then you lift up on it and pull it forward.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS V
48 Posts
Nice videos Glamisfan. I especially like how you found the rattle in our mufflers, so changing out the mufflers would get rid of that rattle you think?

·
Registered
291 Posts
smooth0033 said:
Nice videos Glamisfan. I especially like how you found the rattle in our mufflers, so changing out the mufflers would get rid of that rattle you think?
They replaced it under warranty and it fixed it!

·
Registered
none
397 Posts
Wanting to be sure I understand...the rattle that you're referring is the cold start up rattle or something else?
I always thought that was the "normal" wastegate rattle that is so annoying and even a bit embarrassing.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS V
48 Posts
Really, well then i will mention my rattle to my service tech next oil change. Thanks for the info Glamisfan

12,778 Posts
Hi smooth0033,

I’m glad to see that Glamisfan was able to provide you with that information regarding the rattle in your CTS-V. Please keep us posted on how the discussion goes with your technician, and feel free to send a PM my way if you would like to discuss the situation further.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport, 2016 Chevy SS M6
493 Posts
Really, well then i will mention my rattle to my service tech next oil change. Thanks for the info Glamisfan
Please describe your rattle...ALL Vsports have a waste gate rattle at cold start and when leaving a stop at light throttle. This Old GM-like engineering oversight is considered an acceptable part of the design by New GM. A few have reported a different rattle from the exhaust box in back, but that doesn't seem widespread. The waste gate rattle is really starting to wear on me. I didn't think it was a big deal at first, but its so loud and 'broken' sounding that I find it hard to believe the engineers would not address this. Like Syndr says, its embarrassing and does nothing to move the brand forward as the legitimate player it really is, loose-washers-in-a-coffee-can-at-startup-noise notwithstanding.

·
Registered
291 Posts
syndr78 said:
Wanting to be sure I understand...the rattle that you're referring is the cold start up rattle or something else? I always thought that was the "normal" wastegate rattle that is so annoying and even a bit embarrassing.
The rattle in the muffler that I'm describing is nothing to do with the coldstart rattle of the turbocharger wastegate. Two completely separate issues.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Please describe your rattle...ALL Vsports have a waste gate rattle at cold start and when leaving a stop at light throttle. This Old GM-like engineering oversight is considered an acceptable part of the design by New GM. A few have reported a different rattle from the exhaust box in back, but that doesn't seem widespread. The waste gate rattle is really starting to wear on me. I didn't think it was a big deal at first, but its so loud and 'broken' sounding that I find it hard to believe the engineers would not address this. Like Syndr says, its embarrassing and does nothing to move the brand forward as the legitimate player it really is, loose-washers-in-a-coffee-can-at-startup-noise notwithstanding.
Completely agree. This coldstart wastegate rattle is one the the very few serious flaws on this car. It does not impact performance, but is not acceptable on a luxury car in this price range. I am surprised it hasn't been engineered away yet. I really hope Johan doesn't allow errors like this on future products.

I've had people interested in checking out my car, and when I start it and they hear the rattle, subtly look the other way. They might say "nice car" and feign interest, but it's lost at that point. Those are potential customers walking away. The rattle might seem like a minor thing, but it really isn't.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts