Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Redline CTS-V
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just moved to Hawaii and shipped over my V. So far it has been...interesting. :alchi:
I am required to register the car here with in 30 days...no big deal right...wrong! :thehand:
I have to get a state safety inspection before I can register it...
...but my car fails this tasking on multiple levels::cop:

Tinted Windows - No tint more than 35% allowed on any of the windows :rules:

Non Factory Rims - I have 20" boss rims...not safe since it is more than one size above factory :rant2:

Non Factory Exhaust - Exhaust can't be any louder than stock :tisk:

Modified Suspension - MY SUSPENSION IS STOCK! but still they tried to say it was lowered :thepan:

No Front License Plate - I don't even have the factory bracket :pwn:

Anyway...does anyone out there have a factory front license plate bracket they don't need....or want...
...I need to defile my car :emocide:

Thanks

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
90 Posts
I might have mine still laying about here somewhere,,,I'll try and locate it,,,,

wanna trade for your non stock exhaust??? LOL

I'll repost later if I can find it,,,,I dont need it here in TN

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Does your Bracket connect to the lower grill to? Looks cool, If I have to put a plate on this is the way I will do it!

BTW, Would look cool with some Button head SST screws on the plate.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might have mine still laying about here somewhere,,,I'll try and locate it,,,,

wanna trade for your non stock exhaust??? LOL

I'll repost later if I can find it,,,,I dont need it here in TN
Thanks for looking Chris. If you find it just post back or PM me.
My email address is messed up right now since all I have is a Yahoo account and this forum won't let me use that as my address.
(This weekend that should be fixed.):yup:

Sorry, I still need my non-stock exhaust :eek: ... but if you find the bracket, I can send you some cash via Paypal for the shipping and whatever you want for the bracket.:D

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
Does your Bracket connect to the lower grill to? Looks cool, If I have to put a plate on this is the way I will do it!

BTW, Would look cool with some Button head SST screws on the plate.

Yes connects to the lower grill also.

The screw anchors are expanding rubber "lags" so the grill holds them in place.

PM me your email and I will send pictures of the brackets and the measurements (I have around here somewhere).

·
Registered
2005 Platinum Cadillac CTS-V
75 Posts
I just found mine in the "tub" where the spare goes. It needs a little armour all and its ready to go. Let me know your address and I will get you a shipping price asap. Glad to help a fellow V owner.

I can ship it tomorrow.

Shawn

·
Registered
Platinum 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
301 Posts
I have one also that i have no use for here in Miami... let me know if you still need one..happy to help a fellow V owner...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just found mine in the "tub" where the spare goes. It needs a little armour all and its ready to go. Let me know your address and I will get you a shipping price asap. Glad to help a fellow V owner.

I can ship it tomorrow.

Shawn
Thanks Shawn :thumbsup:

If ya ever need anything from the Aloha state let me know :cool:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have one also that i have no use for here in Miami... let me know if you still need one..happy to help a fellow V owner...
Thanks for the offer SSM...Shawn is going to hook me up.

They're too easy on you guys down there in Florida! :sunnynana:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK...So my Hawaiian saga continues…:banghead:

I have to have my car inspected by the “Hawaii State Reconstruction Center” since I have different size rims than what it came with and a different exhaust system…. Then I can get it inspected by a car repair shop for the “State Safety Inspection” …then I can license and register it in Hawaii (which I am required to do in 30 days… That was up 27 days ago):tisk:

So, I took it to the Recon center and failed due to:

*Tinted windows: mine are 23% - state limit is $35% (on cars…trucks and SUVs don’t have a restriction!?!?!):thepan:

*My Driving lights are BLUE tinted - Actually they have a blue tint when off but illuminate AMBER…not legal!?!? (I have the WWL clear driving lights):confused:

*My side markers are not AMBER - they illuminate amber but the lenses are not amber… Illegal??!?!?!:hmm:

*And of course I need a front license plate…(I just haven’t installed the bracket yet)

So now I ask:

Does anyone out there have amber side marker assemblies they want to sell me???

:bomb:

Thinking of moving to Hawaii…Don’t!!! :gah:

·
Registered
Platinum 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
301 Posts
RockinV, i'd consider moving to florida...lol... by the time hawaii is done with you, you will have built a new car...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts