Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -

It's been a while since i posted, but I lurk all the time - !!

My latest problem, the 03 CTS with 125,000 on it, (3.2) single exhaust, has developed an exhaust leak, ....you can hear it - not super loud, but you can definiteyl hear it - I was told it was leaking at the "flex pipe" and NOT "repairable" - told I need an entire new exhaust system to the tune of $1,001.00 - this HAS to be done at some point, or I won't pass PA inspection -

I don't want to replace the entire exhaust - can't this be fixed?? anyone have any sugestions? Can I take this to a muffler place? AM I out of luck?

Jerry

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey! - that's right!

you know, I should have thought of that before - I see those V exhausts going around all the time - thanks for bringing that up!! :)

Umm......Anybody in the PA area have one? :)

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Although a better choice for the 3.2 would be the 3.6 dual exhaust! It should bolt right up, although you'll need to plug the rear O2 sensors, as they're already on the cat side of the mount on the 3.2. For $1000, I'd get a Borla.

If you want to drive down to Southern Virginia, you can help me clean the garage out of spare parts by taking my 3.2 single exhaust (upgraded to the Borla at 20K miles) for free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts