Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because you can get one of these for that price:

A two year old one.

Thats $200,000 less than the original price, only two years ago..

Whos up for it?

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
There is a man in this town I live in who hasone, the shorter version "52" in black. I see it around. Does not impress me. IF one didn't know what it cost, nobody would give it a secend look. The guy is a lawyer and big into real estate. I think he owns like 50% of the commercial real estate in town. Probably leases it. One of his many buildings probably pays the lease payment. I much rather have rare cars that you seldom, if ever, see. IF I had that guys money & income I'd drive a Aston Martin DB9 or a new Jaguar XJ Super 8 or a Avanti Supercharged Convertible or a Maserati Quatroporte. (Which just happen to be my 4 favorites) ;)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice choice of favourites Sandy, if I was multi millionaire I would have the 62 and a driver, but I can honestly say I would go out and buy those four cars you listed.

The Maybach is uberluxurious, It is the most luxurious car on the planet. Bar none. Not even the RR Phantom comes close

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
Or you could buy a 450sqft studio apartment in one of those buildings across the river! :eek:
Decisions, decisions... :hmm:
Agreed!

Does anyone know what city that is?
It's definitely in the states and looks almost like seattle with all those boat houses.

·
Registered
'02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited
1,157 Posts
Even if I happen to have $300K just lying around my condo, I wouldn't buy it. It's basically a Mercedes on some serious steroids. I'd rather pay $100,000 for 1963 Corvette Stingray than an overpriced pile of parts like that Maybach.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dunno. If I was going to spend that on a car plus a driver's salary it would be that car.

If you had to be a rear seat pasenger in ANY luxury car, what would it be?

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
fast66 said:
Agreed!
Does anyone know what city that is?
It's definitely in the states and looks almost like seattle with all those boat houses.
That's lower Manhattan, I believe. It's not the usual skyline shot - it's the southernmost tip of the island.

There's a hotel on 42nd street that has one out front to shuttle guests around in. It's unbelieveable. The rear seats are literally recliners - like a la-z-boy, a foot rest comes out. From what I've read, there's a wine chiller in the center console and the sunroof above the passengers has that electric-luminescent glass that provides nearly infinite levels of shading and mood lighting.

Jim

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
turbojimmy said:
That's lower Manhattan, I believe. It's not the usual skyline shot - it's the southernmost tip of the island.
There's a hotel on 42nd street that has one out front to shuttle guests around in. It's unbelieveable. The rear seats are literally recliners - like a la-z-boy, a foot rest comes out. From what I've read, there's a wine chiller in the center console and the sunroof above the passengers has that electric-luminescent glass that provides nearly infinite levels of shading and mood lighting.
Jim
Thats true, Ive been in one, its a fantastic interior, it is like being in a recliner.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
I quit watching "The Apprentice" but I did see the final episode this year and last.

The two finalists get chauffeured around town in one of those. Very classy.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Elvis said:
I quit watching "The Apprentice" but I did see the final episode this year and last.
The two finalists get chauffeured around town in one of those. Very classy.
Do you get the same version as us or is it a US version? We get the one with Sir Allan Sugar, one of my idols, he is a legendary man in terms of making it.

I liked that show, I only caught the occasional rerun at 3am, but it was good all the same.

Sal, if I had that car I would want to drive it, its too big, 6.2 metres long, the back seats are much, much better.

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
Do you get the same version as us or is it a US version? We get the one with Sir Allan Sugar, one of my idols, he is a legendary man in terms of making it.
Ours is run by Donald Trump. He is legendary in terms of spending other people's money, and I suppose an example of success in getting people to give it to him.

Jim

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
ALL of that was suppost to be in the Sixteen as well. Now I love to drive and I rather drive than be in the backseat of any car. Driving that Maybach would definately put my status down to personal driver. So there's no way I would aqcuire that car, either for driving it or being driven in it! The sixteen would be cool to drive whithout taking your status away! Especially when you load the car with nice girls... dreams, dreams, dreams...

I seriously hope I will never be in a position or wealth that I actually have to be driven. Seriously. I do not whish for a life like that and everything that comes with it. I rather stay a little closer to the ground. You don't fall that hard then... I am really happy with what I have now.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I know it happens to us all, as we get older, we lose our faculties. When this happens to me, my sight WILL go bad, its bad already I have to wear glasses, so I will fail on the 70+ test, when this happens I want a car to be driven in, and by that time a Maybach will cost no more than a Ford Mondeo.

·
Registered
2005 DeVille
1,043 Posts
The back of that car is the only place I'd like to be. If you can afford the car, you can afford the salary for the driver. If you've ever been in a Maybach you know it is incredible. I've only sat in one at an auto show. I can't imagine what it must be like to really spend time in one.

·
Registered
2005 DeVille
1,043 Posts
70eldo said:
I seriously hope I will never be in a position or wealth that I actually have to be driven. Seriously. I do not whish for a life like that and everything that comes with it. I rather stay a little closer to the ground. You don't fall that hard then... I am really happy with what I have now.
I agree. A life of consumption isn't right. We need the good and the bad in life to give us all character. While the car in question is attractive, I'm more likely to give money away. If I were to win millions in the lotto, I'd make sure my family was cared for but I'd give the rest away. Too much money makes you dumb to reality and can turn you in to a wasteful person. 300K to a charity that feeds the hungry, clothes the naked, etc is money better spent than 300k on a car. Unless it's a ferrari of course!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its all well and good saying that, but how many people would put it into practice?

£10million. Im not deluded about where it would go. Firstly, on a Bugatti Veyron, and then to my kids.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts