Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS V Coupe, 2007 Escalade ESV
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regristration for the Texas Mile opens up tomorrow. Just was wondering if there will ne a lot of V's there? Dan are you going? I am planning to take my 2011 V Coupe and see what it will do. ADM Performance out of Lewisville hopefully will have it ready in a couple of weeks, as we are waiting on the supercharged snout and a smaller upper pully to be installed then tune it for the mile. There were a lot of strong runs by V people last event with a new record I believe set by Steve Hanna at 192.6 MPH. That is just great. I do not think it will be long before someone hits the 200 MPH mark. Very exciting, and hope we have a large representation. :) Dons

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS-V
25 Posts
It would probably take close to 800-850 at the wheels to hit 200 in the mile with little to no headwind. We go every year to watch. It's amazing they are already at 263 for the standing mile. http://www.texasmile.net/

What do you think our cars would run stock? I know we can make 150 mph in 21 seconds according to Car and Driver...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe a stock cts v would probably break 170 MPH or so in the standing mile.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would probably take close to 800-850 at the wheels to hit 200 in the mile with little to no headwind. We go every year to watch. It's amazing they are already at 263 for the standing mile. http://www.texasmile.net/

What do you think our cars would run stock? I know we can make 150 mph in 21 seconds according to Car and Driver...
Look me up if you are there this time. My car number will be #165, a white 2011 v coupe. Look forward to visiting with you.

·
Registered
2009 Sedan, M6, Silver/Ebony
457 Posts
Just registered and will be car #53. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

----------

I believe a stock cts v would probably break 170 MPH or so in the standing mile.
With a stock V you will be right at 170mph at the mile. Mirabella and Smokin Cache are both stock and were within 1 mph of that number on all their runs.

·
The Last Good Gremlin
06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)
2,654 Posts
Results from March Texas Mile for all Cadillacs entered (click thumbnail to view):

1 - 6 of 6 Posts