Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is going to the Grand National in Milwaukee PM me and I will try to meet up!

As luck would have it the first Grand National I had hoped to attend one hour from home, I will be mostly absent from due to getting mom moved and used to her new apt.
ben.gators has made me realize I may not have explained my situation to everyone here.

Since my dad passed last Aug I have been commuting every other day to my parent's home in Middleton about 6 miles away. The first three months I lived there until my mom learned her way around and how to do the many things my dad did for her.
My mom has had Mucular Degeneration for about 20 years and the last 8 she has been completely blind. That is why my Cadillac dreams of reviving the Talisman have been on hold for so long.

We have finally reached an agreement with our neighbor to buy the home we had for 44 years, and have moved mom into an apt. 5 doors down the hall from mine.
At some point, this will be a wonderful experience, but first we have the challenge of getting her used to a new environment. That has been going well so far and it looks like I will at least be able to make the show on Sun the 28th.
I also might be able to get down there for a dinner or two after work some nights.
I would love to have the chance to enjoy the company of some of the other members here on the forum.

Hit me up if you will be in the area!

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do what I plan on doing...park far away!:lol:

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
I would go, but they would kick me out for having a hooptielac :)
Do what I plan on doing...park far away!:lol:
It's not like that at all! I've seen some pretty rough cars on the show field, usually as display only cars, as they tend to be works in progress. But, if you're a CLC member and you register for the show, as long as it's a Cadillac or LaSalle, it's welcome on the show field. Guido would likely qualify quite nicely for Touring Class. The Hooptielac would be best in display only. Usually get about 200 to 300 cars showing up on the main Saturday show. If you can make it, it's worth going.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2006 dts,past03whitediamondsevillests-someday will have another seville/eldorado
168 Posts
Damn haven't been on here in a long time minus a couple quick searches. Wish I woulda known and gotten off work. Sounds like it would have been fun.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Wow, Dave! Looks like they had a good turn out! Thanks for sharing the pics! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah it was a nice show Craig, not much shade but the temp and humidity was great for a show day.
This guy was there too, I remeber you always showing him at your GN's.

free image uploading

1 - 14 of 14 Posts