Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was finally raining down here in Southern California and having this car, it cannot be more fun! Anyways, I think I hit a puddle a few times and water must have gotten somewhere. Everytime I would let off the clutch, there would be this noise of like water rattling under my car. Also happened at slow speeds. It eventually went away, but wat the hell...where did the water collect up at? I went the same way back in my vette and no noise from there. Are our cars just lower or something? I was thinking maybe water collected up in the driveshaft or something, but still not satisfied with my answer. Maybe Im just a paranoid!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
753 Posts
If you do a search, you will find a number of threads dealing with loud noises under the car when driving through heavy rain and standing water. The noise is usually associated with Corsa exhausts. I can't remember if anyone ever solved or identified the problem.

I've never experienced it, but from the posts that I read, it is an unnerving racket form underneath.

CR

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did search, but unfortunately, I do not have a corsa exhaust...everything is stock.

I'm probably the only one on this forum that doesnt even have a cags eliminator installed because I do not want to hear another lame excuse from the damn dealer of denying warranty for anything. Ohhh I love this car yet hate Cadillac!

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Ishminder said:
I did search, but unfortunately, I do not have a corsa exhaust...everything is stock.
Well, that will most likely change if you continue to hang around this bunch...:D

·
Registered
476 Posts
The hydrallic clutch activation line moves loosely through a port in the bell housing. The loose fit is design as a means of evacuating clutch dust. I suppose it is possible for water to enter. The same water will eventually be thrown out the port.
During this same series of rain storms I was stuck on I-5 at Ashland, OR when I-5 was closed by mudslides this Saturday. 4WD vehicles were turning around on the sodden median. The mud was too deep to attempt a 180 on the median, so I hit the median obliquely doing about 20 mph. The mass of the Caddy carried me through to the opposite lanes (deserted) without engaging traction control.
Later, I attempted to reach Klamath Falls via OR #66. My attempt involved two fords of 8"+ water before I turned back. Everything worked as adverstised and no unusual sounds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts