Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't go through another winter on the stock RS-As so I'm looking for winter tires. WalMart has Dunlop Graspics, size 215/55R16, that'll run about C$450 for the set plus tax. By the description, they seem similar to Blizzaks in that once the treads get halfway worn the compound changes and they become more like an all season tire. Anyone know if these tires are any good?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a set of Nokian Rsi's they are the best. Ive had Blizzaks in the past and these are 200% better on snow and ice. I live in upstate New York and we get pounded with snow. They are expensive they cost around $155 per tire. They are worth the extra cost.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
1500cc said:
I can't go through another winter on the stock RS-As so I'm looking for winter tires. WalMart has Dunlop Graspics, size 215/55R16, that'll run about C$450 for the set plus tax. By the description, they seem similar to Blizzaks in that once the treads get halfway worn the compound changes and they become more like an all season tire. Anyone know if these tires are any good?
The Grapics that is at our local WalMart is DS-1 which is last year tires, as Dunlop has DS-2 on their website
The tire was good enough last year for people. But remember they are Q rated tires, From price out DS-2 this month I find the DS-2 is about $30 a tire more.
Try the Icebear http://www.hankooktire.ca/ which is close to price of the DS-2.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I ended up getting the DS-1s. Today was the first day of snow and I have to say, it's night and day difference from the stock RS-As. No massive wheelspin starting from a stop, even going uphill. If you goose it going around a corner it breaks away gently and regains traction quickly. I was out-accelerating most FWD cars from a stop at traffic lights. I have to say, it was well worth the cost to get winter tires on this car :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
1500cc