Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sending my car to the shop soon and I'll be blacking out the whole car. I'm wondering if I should tint the headlights, or remove the lenses and paint the grey plastic inside black. Havent seen it done yet and couldnt find anything in the search. Post a pic or two if you got one.... Btw, my car is black.

·
Registered
They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS
271 Posts
it requires 2 sets of headlights and alot of patience to do it right i am almost done with mine

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
it requires 2 sets of headlights and alot of patience to do it right i am almost done with mine
thats exactly what i was thinking would be the only way.
first set dremil off the lense and dont ruin the housing and the second set hack up the housing and then carefully save the lense.
then paint and glue the lenses off one set to the housings off the others and hope the glue doesnt mess up the paint or any of it oozing into the wrong spots.
personally i think it would look amazing but not worth it.
if you are blacking out your car just put a light tint film on your headlights, cleaper and easier.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Best of luck with this project. Really, i'd love to do it. No one has posted how, with good results. I did this to hold me over.

·
Registered
Cadillac
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, I thought maby I was just the only one who thought of doing this. Guess there is good reason why no one has done it. I wanted to try and do something a little diffrent but I guess the lenses dont come off as easy as other cars..... I'll talk to my body guy and see if he can do this with one set of lights, but if I have to buy another set I'm just gonna tint them. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts