Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
'08 DTS Lux III Blk Cherry, '89 Brougham d'Elegance Dip Blue
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a '91 Honda Prelude as a project car to fix up a little and drive to save miles on the Eldorado. I love the Caddy and am thinking I'll really like the Prelude, just kinda makes for an odd driveway, I think.

Anyone else have random vehicles in the driveway?

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
I don't know, it could be odder. Like if it were a compact Asian truck...

The Prelude was the closest thing Honda had to an Eldo....

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, but they're very different cars. The Honda is much lighter and more tossable on a curvy road but the ETC is so much more refined. It's a fun contrast, I think.

·
Registered
None, Now an AUDI A4
555 Posts

Next to these 2 usually sits a 95 GMC sonoma that we use for misc truck things and at times my mom's best friends mini, talk about a mashup

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala
1,889 Posts
Random? Maybe. Alot? Yes.

Four C-body Devilles (Five when my sister's home) and a big ass international box truck. I'm suprised all that fits on a driveway in Chicago! :yup:

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
I really enjoy the diverse driveway, keeps things fresh. Thought about, but can't bring mself to sell the Lincoln. Thought about selling the Jeep to unload the payment and be that much closer to debt-free, but don't think I can do that either. BMW.... yeah, shes in for the long haul, not going anywhere... I've been won over. Currently undergoing a 20-yr heavy maintenace update that'll take several weeks to complete.

5spd classic BMW convertible, 6spd Jeep and a Lincoln Town Car. I like the combo, alot.... and now I am pondering an old bike... like a Honda CX500 or similar, that one took me a bit by surprise. That eye-sore of a shed is going to be an upcoming weekend project (new roof and paint)

·
Registered
None yet!
1,025 Posts
LOL Rick; the luxury car is in the dirt and the muddy 4WD is on the pavement.

1988 MR2 -my "Garage Queen" even though I have no garage.
1984 Corvette -my toy.
1999 Corvette -my dad's toy.
2004 GMC Envoy -my dad's daily driver
2002 Suburban -my DD.
2006? HHR -my mom's DD.
1998 Buick LeSabre -girlfriend's DD.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
LOL Rick; the luxury car is in the dirt and the muddy 4WD is on the pavement.
That's how I roll! ;) Can't forget that the fastest/best handling car is now up on 4 jackstands with lots of suspension components disassembled ;)

The BMW is actually taking up 2 spots so I have lots of room to work on it. Up until today, the Lincoln would leak coolant when running (under intake manifold hose) so it was limited to short distance (I'd only run it to change places in the driveway) and I was using the Jeep to make various trips into town, so it was a convenience thing. The Lincoln has it's share of the driveway back now. I'm thinking about adding it to my daily driver rotation, something I haven't done in the past... but if I've got it, may as well drive it.

Have any pics of the MR2?

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
I don't know, it could be odder. Like if it were a compact Asian truck...

The Prelude was the closest thing Honda had to an Eldo....
:umno: Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I believe the 2 door legend would've been a better comparison to the Eldorado . . .

Growing up, my best friend's dad had an early 80's silver 928 Porshe(looked like the one from scarface), while his mom had a 94ish green Mercury Grand Marquis. Before that it was the Porshe and a Regan era Continental(the smaller Seville look alike model).

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
:umno: Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I believe the 2 door legend would've been a better comparison to the Eldorado . . .

Growing up, my best friend's dad had an early 80's silver 928 Porshe(looked like the one from scarface), while his mom had a 94ish green Mercury Grand Marquis. Before that it was the Porshe and a Regan era Continental(the smaller Seville look alike model).
I agree.... but he did specify Honda ;)

Those older Honda/Acura's are growing on me alot.... 80's (and early 90's) Japaneese technology/engines are something else... quite durable. Try and find them in good shape, with under 150k miles, for under $3k tho!

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It depends on where you are looking on what you can find under 3K. You can see my Prelude in the pic. It's got 140k on it with all the options, minus the four wheel steer. Right now I have just a little under 500 dollars in it. If only I could say that about the Eldo... lol

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
In mine, it's the Mercedes, The Astro, then dad's Camry, mom's Highlander and my brother's '96 Sentra.

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
2000 Avalon (sisters)
2002 Escalade (mine)
2003 LS 430 (moms)
2007 Yukon XL soon be replaced with a 2009 Yukon XL (dad)
During the summer add 2 1959 Cadillac's

·
Registered
2016 Honda Accord LX. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
3,718 Posts
My mom has an '08 Yukon Denali XL, my dad a '07 Sierra Classic 2500HD Duramax, my '00 STS, and my old '00 Toyota Camry. I have a sneaking suspicion the Camry would outlast all of the cars.

To the OP, Prelude's are great cars. My best friend has a '94 Si and it's fun, sleek, and pretty quick for a 4 cylinder car. If I had the cash I would have one as a secondary car to toss around.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts

"Um"...yeah... Well, since the OP has a Honda, not an Acura -- and the two lines are branded separately (at least in the U.S.), a Legend coupe really wouldn't apply in this situation.

Other than for purposes of :stirpot: ...

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts

...plus the other Black car in my signature...

·
Registered
1991 Sedan Deville
2,932 Posts
04 Sienna, 04 Mazda 6 Sport, 91 Sedan DeVille, 94 Silverado (350). We usually just keep the truck at the lake where we use it to tow the boat.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you count parent's vehicles too, around here there's my '99 ETC and '91 Prelude Si, Mom's '96 Chevy Astro, and Dad's '88 GMC Sanoma (POS) and '95 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 XL. Oh, and there's another bike frame and about half of an old VW Bug that was supposed to make a 3-wheeler.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well if you count parent's vehicles too, then there's my '99 ETC and '91 Prelude Si, Mom's '96 Chevy Astro, and Dad's '88 GMC Sanoma and '95 Harley-Davidson Sporster 1200 XL.

·
Registered
none :(
2,045 Posts
My mom has an '08 Yukon Denali XL, my dad a '07 Sierra Classic 2500HD Duramax, my '00 STS, and my old '00 Toyota Camry. I have a sneaking suspicion the Camry would outlast all of the cars.
I have a sneaking the suspicion that the Camry is driven differently then the other cars mentioned. I highly doubt it will out last any diesel. What do you do with the diesel and what do you do with the Camary?

Ok back to your regularly scheduled thread.
11 Sec 2000 Trans Am
14 Second 85 Lebaron GTS
07 Equinox
89 1 Ton GMC
88 Fleetwood Southwind RV

1 - 20 of 71 Posts