Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS, 08 CTS, 12 CTS Prem, 14 CTS Prem, 16 ATS-V, 18 CTS-V
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had an exhaust issue with their car? The morning after a Vegas trip a couple weeks ago i was on my way to the gym, made it the 4 or so miles from my house to the freeway onramp, went to hammer down to get to freeway speeds and my car displayed reduced engine power then within seconds the engine shutoff completely. Managed to to coast through 3 lanes of traffic to the offramp without having any big rigs hit me in the 5am darkness and coast into a gas station where i attempted to restart the engine. It would crank (sounded horrible and shook violently) but wouldnt start. Called Cadillac Roadside who sent a tow truck. My car had codes for the MAF sensor so the tech replaced that, went for a test drive and before he got off the lot the car acted up again. He ran some tests and determined it to be the catalytic converter so he replaced it but upon further inspection noticed he noticed that the entire core of the cat was gone. Ended up replacing my entire exhaust including the muffler since there was no way to ensure he could get all the pieces out. Got my car back Monday and all is well but its kind of a crazy occurrence especially for a car with only 19k on it. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts