Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to get the a/c blowing to the right place - the vents on my '07 slade are so limiting - you can't aim them up, only level, and the right one for the driver has to be pointing almost all the way to the left just to reach the driver at all. Very poor execution on the a/c vents, in my opinion, forcing me to have to place the temperature at 70 to stay cool, rather than 77 or so for all my other vehicles.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I just came back from Montana to PA, I have to keep the A/C set higher in both Escalade's (71 degrees) to feel as comfortable as I do in my Benz and BMW, in those cars I set it at 68 degrees.

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just came back from Montana to PA, I have to keep the A/C set higher in both Escalade's (71 degrees) to feel as comfortable as I do in my Benz and BMW, in those cars I set it at 68 degrees.
That's the opposite of my experience, with my M35 that requires 77 degrees for awesome cold a/c, but the Escalade requires higher power than auto temp provides and 71 degrees or so.

More than the temperature annoys me, the darn limitations with the vents do. The vent on the right side of the driver, by the center console, has to be turned all the way to the left, and that leaves a huge gap on the far right side of the vent where most of the air comes out - straight.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Each cars A/C is slightly different, I really have not noticed the vent limitations, although I believe they only adjust downward and left to right, I also find using the seat fans in my Escalade and Benz's allows me to run a higher A/C temp and still stay cool. The BMW will blow you into the back seat on high, also remember that the Escalade is a big truck and wide compared to a car. :)

·
Registered
Cadillac
139 Posts
Yeah the A/C sucks. I started a thread a fwe months ago about this. My ac always starts on the outside air mode. I phisically have to turn it to recirculate every time I get into the truck. Who wants to smell the exhaust from the truck in front of them all the time

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Very poor execution on the a/c vents, in my opinion, forcing me to have to place the temperature at 70 to stay cool, rather than 77 or so for all my other vehicles.
Maybe the Lade is not the problem. Every vehicle I have had, 69-71 degrees was the optimal temperature. I would be roasting at 77 degrees in any of them. AND, this includes many domestic brands (GM and Chrsyler) and two foreign brands (300 ZX Twin Turbo and Lexus ES300). Strange that "all" your other vehicles are opposite of my experiences. My Lade is right in line with my expected comfort level at 70 degrees.

No comment on the vents, as I have not really noticed. I set my vents to look good (all straight and even) at the expense of perfect airflow.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Would be nice if there was a way to keep the recirculating air on and also the cooled seats rather than always resetting them.,,,,,,,,,,,,Pete

·
Registered
2006 CLS500
6 Posts
I can't seem to get the a/c blowing to the right place - the vents on my '07 slade are so limiting - you can't aim them up, only level, and the right one for the driver has to be pointing almost all the way to the left just to reach the driver at all. Very poor execution on the a/c vents, in my opinion, forcing me to have to place the temperature at 70 to stay cool, rather than 77 or so for all my other vehicles.
I have the same problem. Feels like Im always short of breath, I thought I was the only one having this AC issue since I never see any topic in this forum. The right vent was not place properly. All my other car's vents can be adjusted so air can be directed in my face so I can breath cool fresh air all the time. My Slades right vent need to be push more to the left for air to reach my face. Even when the vent is all the way to the left, I still need to lean to the right to breath the air cold air. Also, the blowing air hits the steering wheel and disperses the air before reaching my nose.

I keep my temp at 60 to be comfortable for me. Anything higher than than and it feels like heater. Most of the time it blows sporadic untreated warm air. I took it to the dealer many times. They add freon, change acutators and still could not cool the fresh air from outside. It needs to be on recirculate all the time to maintain my desire temp. Problem is recirculating for extended period of time makes the air very dry (low humidity)
like in the airline cabin.

I compared AC condenser in front of radiator to my Landcruiser's condenser and the Escalade is about half the size. Maybe this is a factor as it can't disperses the heat from the evaporator efficiently.

·
Registered
None at the moment
623 Posts
does anyone know how much R134a refrigerant this truck takes, and is it different from the standard to the ESV?

As an idea the BMW 750iL (and i, same as for Long wheel base which is 18feet long) is 1200grams, now whats interesting here is IF the car is fitted with rear seat AC (this is a factory option only) then its 1400grams....

The Vauxhall Senator i had which was simular to the Caprice (and same size as the BMW 750 from early 1990s) this has 1100 grams of R12 but R134a it was 900grams (it expands more than R12 did).

So how much R134a gas does the Escalade and ESV have?

I can freeze the car out from my 1998 BMW 750iL from a 30oC day and start the car then just running at half speed fan inside and temp set to 20oC inside running for 5 mins and not driving at all....

Many Thanks
Ashley

1 - 10 of 10 Posts