Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last two times I put fuel in my '07 Escalade, the pump did that auto-shut-off thing far too early - about half full. The rest of the time is made up of ounce by ounce filling, taking the dispenser out, checking it, altering the depth in the tank hole, etc., for a laborious effort to fill the darn thing.

Anyone else experience this? Both were Chevron, but I've also had no problems with Chevron, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

·
Registered
Cadillac
139 Posts
it happens to me every time I fill up. The gas stations only let you put so much on credit card. They used to cut off at 50 bucks. Now that gas is more expensive they let you put in 75.

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys, its not a credit card thing - it's the safety switch on the pump handle that prevents it from overfilling, only it shuts off at half full, and I have to hold it and click it 1000 times after it stops at the halfway point to fill up the tank. The credit card still gets billed, it's the mechanical valve in the handle that is the problem.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Yea I had that happen on my 03 a few times. Also on my Jeep Grand Cherokees. I think on one pump I was never able to get it to start filling period.

·
Registered
04 Cadillac Escalade EXT
54 Posts
this happened to me in my 04, but only in the cold weather for some reason. I posted on this previously, I was told there is a check ball in the tank to prevent gas from spilling out in a roll over, and that is what is casusing the premature shut off. Warmer weather though, no problem. try pumping at a slower setting, not full blast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts