Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imo, I think that the rotary engine has the most potential to be better than piston engines. They have much more power per liter. The mazda RX7 rotary engine has a 1.4l (i think, something really small) 4 rotor engine that produces 250. There is no other engine out there that produces that much power per liter that ISNT rice-ified with turbos, supers, nos, etc. I would really like to see GM or ford put out a car with a rotary. On paper, they are more reliable from the standpoint that they have much less moving parts. If they were put in production, they would be much cheaper to produce because they are less complex.

Let me know what yall think!

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt really think about gas turbine, but i think that with rotary engines, if they were put into mainstream production, they would be less expensive than piston engines. Why? fewer parts to make.

I agree that piston engines probably get better gas mileage, i dont agree that emissions couldnt be improved. There is just more technology for piston engines, and if we put more time into rotarys that they would be better in just about every aspect.

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh sure, i am not saying i am against the V8s. In fact, there is no band better than the rumble of a big block straight from the headers. End of story. What im saying is the POTENTIAL. I am not saying that they should stop piston engines and go rotary, or any other method. I just wanted to know what you all thought about the POTENTIAL of rotary engines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.