Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my total audio system overhaul is nearly perfect (for me). But 1 thing I've been struggling with is the factory tweeter locations. I already swapped all my bose speakers out for Kappas. Huge improvement. But what I can seem to perfect is the sound coming from the drivers side tweeter due to its aimed-across-the-dash-at-each-other mounting. Ive already slightly modified them so they're closer to the factory grilles so there's less blockage from the side of the Bose mount. But it still sounds like my left ear is clogged unless I move my head closer to the center console. Has anyone dealt with this? Or better yet, has anyone solved this with a custom or aftermarket mount that will fit the pillar? Like to angle them towards the seats? And another question... has anyone modified the door mounting such as tossing out the plastic factory speaker base and attaching the speaker directly to the sheet metal of the door then maybe compensate with foam speaker baffles to seal up the gap from the speaker to the door panel? Because I think essentially all the factory door mount does is brings the speaker closer to the door panel grille, unless there's a clearance issue with the magnet hitting something without the factory mount holding it away from sheet metal. But my main issue i wanna address is the tweeter mounting. And FYI, YES I've already adjusted time aligns to see if it would help and it didn't. Theyre just simply being blocked by the side wall of the bose mount due to the factory angle of them.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >131k miles
696 Posts
As far as I can tell the factory tweeter mounts don't allow much motivation unless you create a new pod to stick in that location (probably fiberglass). This would probably be the easiest solution. However others have created completely new pods to install on the door panels. The following thread shows how a previous crappy install was upgraded to a professionally installed system. The teeter pods are pretty sweet!

Edit: I apparently can't paste any links to a competitor's forum. Google search for "CTS-V Audio System Rescue" and you will find it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts