Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pioneer has an add-on HD radio tuner, GEX-P20HD. Crutchfield says it can fit a CTS with Bose factory stereo. Pioneer's on-line owner's manual does not mention compatibility with factory stereos. The tuner has an input port into which the factory antenna jack is plugged. The tuner needs a 12vt power source. Output is via an IP-BUS cable (supplied) to the head unit. There is also an outlet port for another IP-BUS cable to multi-CD player (cable not included). Anyone installed HD radio? Please comment.

Incidentally, I recently had a loaner BMW which had HD radio; and I was dazzled by the sound quality. I am no audiophile, but I do appreciate the clarity of HD, particulalry with spoken words.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V
250 Posts
I spoke with Crutchfield and that particular unit will only work with Pioneer head units.

I've got an email in to Bose (because for some reason their car audio department doesn't answer their damn phones) and will call Luke tomorrow (well, later today). I'm interested in doing this as well, hopefully we'll be able to come up with something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts