Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added a thermal fuse to their original compressor? When I bought this escalade the compressor was seized, we pulled it apart and were able to repair all of the issues and give it a new life and it has been running great ever since. But I’m wondering if I should add some sort of thermal fuse to protect the compressor? Anyone know what style is used on the new compressors?

Also I have a broken rear hatch “trigger” handle. Is this a replaceable part? OR am I looking at pulling and rebuilding that as well?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not sure about adding a thermal fuse. Sounds like it could work though. Are you talking about the switch below the license plate? If so, its GM part number 15106857.
If you need the switch that opens glass, above the license plate to the right, it is GM part number 15798062.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW thanks. I didn't even know that there was a switch for just the glass. Now I need to see if that one is working, otherwise I'll replace them both. Lots of little things wrong with the escalade but I'm slowly working my way through all of the shocks and bushing with upgraded parts. On the compressor I found it seized and was able to fix that but then the solenoid that control the air wasn't working, I completely took that apart, because you can't replace it and found that the magnet wasn't working, turns out it was a hair sized wire that was fried. soldered in a new on and cleaned everything up and its working great again. Really the compressors aren't that complicated and I bet every one of them could be saved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts