Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2008 DTS
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 DTS. They sound like they're banging against something but they're not...any fix for that??I did adjust them yesterday but still doing it.

·
Registered
2007 DTS LUX II 75k - Once owned 1998 Deville & 2002 Deville
241 Posts
I found out years ago, if you want noisy wiper buy them for a auto parts store but if you want them to be quiet only use OEM.

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,287 Posts
I think you mean the wiper transmission inside the front cowl cover. Pull the cover off check for anything obvious. Then run the wipers if the noise is gone keep the wipers on and reinstall the cowl cover if the noise is gone then you should be good. If not you probably need a new wiper transmission. Also if you want quiet and very effective wiper blades get silicone blades. Yes they are more expensive but they last 3 times longer than the rubber blades.

·
2008 DTS
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK,I'll do the cowl cover thing and go from there. The wipers clean fine,hat's not the issue here.It's the noise.They remind me of my Lincolns which had very noisy wipers.

·
Registered
2011 dts premium
265 Posts
OK,I'll do the cowl cover thing and go from there. The wipers clean fine,hat's not the issue here.It's the noise.They remind me of my Lincolns which had very noisy wipers.
No. Your wipers are probably hitting your windshield molding Did you just replace your windshield lately. Had mine replaced and had to make a return trip just for that reason. The molding was a b*tch to adjust because windshield was after-market replacement. Took almost two hours, don't know what he did cause I left after 20 minuters of waiting.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

·
2008 DTS
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had them adjusted the other day thinking that's the problem. They still make noise,although more noise when they go faster.

·
Registered
2011 dts premium
265 Posts
I had them adjusted the other day thinking that's the problem. They still make noise,although more noise when they go faster.
If the noise or banging is in sync with the wipers then something is making contact with another object. Can you feel the noise when you rest your hand on windshield? Never heard an electric motor make a banging noise.

·
2008 DTS
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the noise or banging is in sync with the wipers then something is making contact with another object. Can you feel the noise when you rest your hand on windshield? Never heard an electric motor make a banging noise.

I'm starting to think it's hitting the molding when going fast. It's in sync with the movement.

·
Registered
2007 DTS LUX II 75k - Once owned 1998 Deville & 2002 Deville
241 Posts
The wiper blades have two different part numbers. For my 07 they are GM15931976 right and GM15931977 left. There is a small different in length between the two. If you are using auto parts store ones then you only buying by the length of 22 inches. The package will include adapters to make it fit to your Cadillac. This will add play in the blade. I also find washing my windshield with Dawn will clean all grease off. I only know this because I went thru it with my 2002 Deville. I tried a different makes and came up with the noisiest wipers and after purchasing the OEM ones I never had anymore problems.

·
2008 DTS
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The wiper blades have two different part numbers. For my 07 they are GM15931976 right and GM15931977 left. There is a small different in length between the two. If you are using auto parts store ones then you only buying by the length of 22 inches. The package will include adapters to make it fit to your Cadillac. This will add play in the blade. I also find washing my windshield with Dawn will clean all grease off. I only know this because I went thru it with my 2002 Deville. I tried a different makes and came up with the noisiest wipers and after purchasing the OEM ones I never had anymore problems.
I will try OEM wipers then.I adjusted the wipers again the other day but they still make noise

·
2007 DTS
2007 DTS, 1991 Eldorado(retired), 1999 Deville (retired)
371 Posts
On my 2007 I replaced the passenger side with a 20" blade and the noise is gone.

·
2007 DTS
2007 DTS, 1991 Eldorado(retired), 1999 Deville (retired)
371 Posts
If I recall. 22" I bought a 20" for the passenger side and it no longer hits or makes any noise.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts