Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Seville SLS
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 SLS, black, black sim-convertible roof, black interior, 20% charcoal window tint all around, I painted the cheap gray plastic ground effects / rocker panels black, and they turned out excellent, also painted the gray part of the SLS grille (left the chrome) and painted the black piece on the back where the license plate goes. If you couldn't tell already, I'm going for a blacked-out look. I'm still looking into getting some black 18's, but that'll be later.

For now, has anybody on here tinted their tails / headlights on a 98-04 seville? The bright red tail-lights really stand out among all the black, but I'm having trouble visualizing blacking them out. I've been reading all over the forums, mostly in the CTS forum, and a lot of those guys lights turned out excellent, but I'd really like to see it on a sivvy.

Thanks for any help guys

·
Registered
277 Posts
Do you have any pics of your car?

If you post some good pics i and im sure many others could easily tint them with photoshop.

If i had more money, I would also go for the blacked out look with black 18's.

·
Registered
1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD
1,589 Posts
As soon as I get the phucking tails I'll do it. Have a damn show next Sat (5/23/07)! My car's dark red so it'll look very nice. It'll match the window tint. With the colors you have, it should look nice!

·
Registered
2000 Seville SLS
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The thing is, I'm not planning on ordering another set of tails, or having backups. Once they're tinted, they're tinted. I'm just curious what people's experiences are with them on our sevilles.

Here are some pics from today - $%&#, I still need to get a PC 7424 and lots of polish and swirl removers. Look at my frickin' paint!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts

---

[/QUOTE]
---

or no reverse tint...

If you like the work I did please leave reputation points.
Only took a few minutes. Hope it helps you decide! One thing is that they would look better and glossy in real life.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
:bump: This should be a sticky or something like that...
PS - you can make them as dark or as light as you want to by coats.

·
Registered
2000 Seville SLS
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I clicked the weights & measures logo that said "add to lbwd's reputation", I assume that's how you do it, regardless, thanks. Looks good. I was having a huge amount of trouble visualizing it, but just looking at those pictures, I think it will definitley improve the look of the car.

p.s. isn't anybody going to comment on how good all the stuff I painted looks!?! just kidding. Thanks again lbwd.

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond STS with Sirius, 2001 Silverado
440 Posts
I like the paint on the gray plastic around the license plate. Sharp looking car. :)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
No problem. I think it looks really good tinted. That's a sharp car!
Thanks for the rep points!

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond STS with Sirius, 2001 Silverado
440 Posts
theres a balance type scale in the upper right corner of each post in the thread. Select the one you want to rep, and click the balance button and add to the rep for lbwd.

·
Registered
2000 Seville SLS
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alright, thanks - so did you clear it? I read that thread and many others - I'm under the impression that you just clean it, tape the lights off, and spray super light coats of night shades on it. What's your suggestion on using clear?

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
I actually called VHT before I did mine and asked them what the finish would be like after the Nite Shades dried, and they said it was a matte finish. So I did 3 or 4 coats of clear to give them a gloss finish. I've also read on other sites that the Nite Shades can start to wear off after a while if you don't clear them.

I waited about 45 minutes or so after the last coat of Nite Shades before I sprayed the clear.

The whole process was pretty simple. I took the lights off & cleaned them with windex first, and then washed them with dish soap. Then I taped them off & sprayed them. I did really lite coats & didn't have any issues with runs.

Also, I found that Pep Boys has the absolute lowest price on Nite Shades. They do have to order it in though, but you don't have to pay for shipping. So if there's a Pep Boys near you, it's the cheapest place. Part number is SP999 (or SP-999)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts