Cadillac Owners Forum banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too found mine off ebay, and it was a CTS cluster. I got it for 150.pulled the trigger the moment I saw it pop up. They don't show up very often.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too found mine off ebay, and it was a CTS cluster. I got it for 150.pulled the trigger the moment I saw it pop up. They don't show up very often.
ALSO, you can follow this link to get a PDF of how to disassemble your dash and replace the cluster. It may have been linked already here, but this is what I used and it was perfect.

I have also downloaded the pdf and will upload it as an attachment in case the ink ever goes dead.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
ALSO, you can follow this link to get a PDF of how to disassemble your dash and replace the cluster. It may have been linked already here, but this is what I used and it was perfect.

I have also downloaded the pdf and will upload it as an attachment in case the ink ever goes dead.
Did you get your cluster programmed yet? My GM Service Advisor is having some difficulties because now my traction control, ABS and e-brake lights are flashing. I haven’t yet seen the car but i’m confused on why this would happen. Same year model cluster as my car.

·
Registered
2016 Cadillac CTS Luxury 2.0L
23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
So, all BS aside. Who has ACTUALLY installed AND PROGRAMMED a LCD cluster in their 2014 CTS? I cannot find a single person who’s done it successfully. I’ve done the install but the programming failed me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, all BS aside. Who has ACTUALLY installed AND PROGRAMMED a LCD cluster in their 2014 CTS? I cannot find a single person who’s done it successfully. I’ve done the install but the programming failed me.
So that was the XTS one? Ive been looking for the CTS one for a little while now, have you been able to find one?

·
Registered
12 Posts
My cluster works perfectly except for the mileage, I Have the cable to connect it to my PC on the way, and the program set up correctly, im just waiting for the cable to arrive. no issues with my cluster at all, but it did come out of the same car with the same features.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I finally got around to finishing my upgrade to the LCD (full digital) instrument panel/cluster on my 2014 Cadillac CTS Luxury. I purchased a used 2014 cluster from a wrecked car on eBay for $150. The donor car was obviously a higher trim package and thus had different features than my car.

I carefully dismantled the interior dash to gain access to the Instrument Cluster Panel (ICP). The directions I provided in a previous post worked well. The work wasn't very difficult, it just takes time. All but one of the fasteners were the same length, so keeping track of which fastener went where was easy.

The ICP only has one connector in my car, so I unplugged the original cluster and put in the new ICP. I probably should have, but I didn't remove the battery when doing this. After install I powered on the vehicle and the ICP worked but had the following issues:

#1 - The odometer was displaying "------mi"
#2 - I was receiving numerous notifications for features my car didn't have (I think one had to do with the transfer case or limited slip differential in the V-sport donor car)
#3 - My collision warning functionality was gone
#4 - My lane departure warning wasn't functioning either

Several sources I found online (including GM/AcDelco customer support) stated that changing the ICP with a used part would prevent my car from starting and potentially cause issues with the Body Control Module (BCM), Engine Control Module (ECM) and possibly others due to the incorrect VIN being stored in the ICP. I was also told that even if the car starts, the ICP may "brick" itself after 10 starts. Let me say, none of these statements were true. The car operated normally after many start cycles with only the four issues noted above.

After a week or so I was able to get access to a Mongoose Pro GM II (made by Drewtech) and subscribed for two day access to the GM Service Programming Subscription (SPS) website ($55). The SPS program is web based and fairly easy to use. GM gives strict requirements about computer specs including operating system and Java versions. From my experience it worked well even though I was running windows 8 and a newer version of Java than they specified.

After logging into the SPS tool, I selected "Replace & Reprogram" and selected the "Instrument Cluster Panel (ICP)" as my module. I then selected something like "Setup & Configuration" which performs a CAN bus learn procedure for the ICP. I assume it learns the VIN and vehicle configuration from the BCM when doing this. I didn't reprogram the ICP, rather I only ran the configuration routine.

After this process, the ICP now displays the correct odometer and all vehicle functions are working properly. All of the issues (#1-#4) listed above are fixed. I have been driving for a few days now with the new cluster without any issues. It is a nice upgrade and well worth the money in my opinion.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions about my process.
did you have any issues? my cable keeps telling me it cant establish communication with the car even though I have the drivers installed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
UPDATE - I have My digital dash fully mounted and programmed now, If you have any questions on the programming aspect of it, feel free to ask. Also, if the dealer is telling you it cant be done, they are lying.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts