Cadillac Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS 3rd Gen Steller Black on Platinum Lux
75 Posts
NICE! You could set a weekend biz doing that 195 in parts plus whatever labor you charge - sign me up! What an upgrade! Very nice!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys,

I’m sure all of you you’ve gotten a million PM/emails like this but you’re the only ones that seems to have done it correctly. I have a 2016 luxury and I’m just asking if you can tell me if the part number is correct and what tools I need to do this on my own Incase I can’t find a dealership to do it for me. The part I’m looking at now is (84053998)

Also, I don’t need to buy an additional bezel or anything, correct?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac ATS
1,141 Posts
Very nice!! Also, for thos interested dont forget starting in 2016+ they greatly improved the cluster both exterior cosmetically and visually on the screen. So if you are able by all means get the 2016+ CTS cluster. One very important reason I bought a 2017 prem lux V sport. Love it!

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
121 Posts
No, the warnings come up when you mount it deprogrammed, they all go away once you programme it, also get back all disabled features ( lane departure and collision warning) the programming process is setting up the cluster to your car including disabling and enabling any feature that your trim doesn't or does have, basically setting up the cluster genuinely to your car even the pictures of the car in my cluster were a XTS and after programe it got the CTS as expected , the only issue is with the fitting (since I upgraded from an XTS cluster to my CTS) you need to do just a little mod on the new cluster, not that hard, any one can do it anyways you can avoid all the fitting issue buying a CTS cluster. I'm working on a full guide video, from swap to programming, will post it one of these days

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Just checking back in on this project. Have you had a chance to make a video guide? Could you possibly walk me through the programming process to choose the options the vehicle has? I have an mdi and the subscription to my vehicle through acdelco. Thanks.
Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just checking back in on this project. Have you had a chance to make a video guide? Could you possibly walk me through the programming process to choose the options the vehicle has? I have an mdi and the subscription to my vehicle through acdelco. Thanks.
Thanks.
O haven't make the full video but if you have the tools and subscription you're good to go, I'm going to upload the video I took when programming mine, not the whole swap video but only the programming part which is the one you need, it's going to start right where you already have the software already open hope you know how to get there, if you were able to buy your subscription I assume you know how to, well give me about 30min and I'll post the link right here

·
Registered
23 Posts
O haven't make the full video but if you have the tools and subscription you're good to go, I'm going to upload the video I took when programming mine, not the whole swap video but only the programming part which is the one you need, it's going to start right where you already have the software already open hope you know how to get there, if you were able to buy your subscription I assume you know how to, well give me about 30min and I'll post the link right here

Here's the unedited video... The reason why I haven't make the full guide is because I'm not a YouTuber or have advance equipment to do an understandable video for every one and I don't like doing trash lol this video is just recorded by a friend with a phone, I hope you catch something, I'll do a full video soon or later including the cluster swap, how to buy a subscription and programming equipment and captioned steps about how to programe it

https://youtu.be/055yqzuLGuE

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
121 Posts
Here's the unedited video... The reason why I haven't make the full guide is because I'm not a YouTuber or have advance equipment to do an understandable video for every one and I don't like doing trash lol this video is just recorded by a friend with a phone, I hope you catch something, I'll do a full video soon or later including the cluster swap, how to buy a subscription and programming equipment and captioned steps about how to programe it

https://youtu.be/055yqzuLGuE

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply and post the video. I used SPS through ACdelco TDS and not through GM Fleet tools, does that matter? It programmed fine, passed configuration test and works as intended with no error messages. All seems well except I do not have no function of my driver seat and power mirrors. I tried to reprogram the driver seat memory control module, but sps and gds2 will not communicate with the seat memory module now for some reason. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply and post the video. I used SPS through ACdelco TDS and not through GM Fleet tools, does that matter? It programmed fine, passed configuration test and works as intended with no error messages. All seems well except I do not have no function of my driver seat and power mirrors. I tried to reprogram the driver seat memory control module, but sps and gds2 will not communicate with the seat memory module now for some reason. Any thoughts?
About the webpage, it's the same, I just used a link attached to that GM Fleet Tool page but it leads to the same SPS webpage at the end, about the seat and mirror controls I have no clue man I didn't have those issues, my issues were disabled features like collision warnings and lane departure and they went back as soon the cluster were programed

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
121 Posts
About the webpage, it's the same, I just used a link attached to that GM Fleet Tool page but it leads to the same SPS webpage at the end, about the seat and mirror controls I have no clue man I didn't have those issues, my issues were disabled features like collision warnings and lane departure and they went back as soon the cluster were programed

Thanks again for being active and replying quickly. All is now good. I think the module needed to reset as it is working now!

·
2014 CTS
2014 CTS Premium 2.0t
59 Posts
IT's still a question for me whether a 2016+ would work in a 2014 vehicle after some programming?

·
Registered
46 Posts
The cluster price may vary if you get an used one they vary from 100-400, brand new ones cost 500-800 I was lucky enough and found mine for $80, then for the programming you'll need the USB to ODBII cable (Mongoose Pro GM II) it costs about $400-700, also got it for $75 in China and then a programming subscription from GM, costs $40 per Vin for a year so at the end it all costed me $195

$40 per year? Or one time for the year of your car?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
$40 per year? Or one time for the year of your car?

Is a one year subscription for whatever VIN you attach to it, once you buy it you can program anything you want to that sole VIN number for an entire year, there are also packages of multiples vins

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can't find any used CTS or ATS LCD Speedos. :(

I guess I'll set up an eBay notification. I can't believe you got yours for $80. Amazing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok, I bolted in the LCD cluster and it worked. I had to dismiss some warnings about options my car does not have but past that everything else works. The mileage did not populate though. I am going to get the cluster programmed to my car tomorrow to see if the mileage will show properly.

View attachment 299273 View attachment 299281
Was the cluster you used NEW or out of another vehicle? I’ve been told it MUST be a brand new cluster for the programming to work. I’ve found a used one at great price but want to be 100% before purchasing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I finally got around to finishing my upgrade to the LCD (full digital) instrument panel/cluster on my 2014 Cadillac CTS Luxury. I purchased a used 2014 cluster from a wrecked car on eBay for $150. The donor car was obviously a higher trim package and thus had different features than my car.

I carefully dismantled the interior dash to gain access to the Instrument Cluster Panel (ICP). The directions I provided in a previous post worked well. The work wasn't very difficult, it just takes time. All but one of the fasteners were the same length, so keeping track of which fastener went where was easy.

The ICP only has one connector in my car, so I unplugged the original cluster and put in the new ICP. I probably should have, but I didn't remove the battery when doing this. After install I powered on the vehicle and the ICP worked but had the following issues:

#1 - The odometer was displaying "------mi"
#2 - I was receiving numerous notifications for features my car didn't have (I think one had to do with the transfer case or limited slip differential in the V-sport donor car)
#3 - My collision warning functionality was gone
#4 - My lane departure warning wasn't functioning either

Several sources I found online (including GM/AcDelco customer support) stated that changing the ICP with a used part would prevent my car from starting and potentially cause issues with the Body Control Module (BCM), Engine Control Module (ECM) and possibly others due to the incorrect VIN being stored in the ICP. I was also told that even if the car starts, the ICP may "brick" itself after 10 starts. Let me say, none of these statements were true. The car operated normally after many start cycles with only the four issues noted above.

After a week or so I was able to get access to a Mongoose Pro GM II (made by Drewtech) and subscribed for two day access to the GM Service Programming Subscription (SPS) website ($55). The SPS program is web based and fairly easy to use. GM gives strict requirements about computer specs including operating system and Java versions. From my experience it worked well even though I was running windows 8 and a newer version of Java than they specified.

After logging into the SPS tool, I selected "Replace & Reprogram" and selected the "Instrument Cluster Panel (ICP)" as my module. I then selected something like "Setup & Configuration" which performs a CAN bus learn procedure for the ICP. I assume it learns the VIN and vehicle configuration from the BCM when doing this. I didn't reprogram the ICP, rather I only ran the configuration routine.

After this process, the ICP now displays the correct odometer and all vehicle functions are working properly. All of the issues (#1-#4) listed above are fixed. I have been driving for a few days now with the new cluster without any issues. It is a nice upgrade and well worth the money in my opinion.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions about my process.
Where did you purchase the connector from USB to OBDII? I’m confident in doing it myself but am not sure where to find the correct plug. Ordered my cluster today

·
Registered
25 Posts
I can't find any used CTS or ATS LCD Speedos. :(

I guess I'll set up an eBay notification. I can't believe you got yours for $80. Amazing.

If you need help, I can find you one. I’ve found SEVERAL for less than $200. Paid $100 for the one I purchased today

81 - 100 of 129 Posts