Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow! I can't believe it was that easy. Did you try unhooking the battery for a minute to see if that fix the mileage issue? And also, how did you get the cluster out. And is there just one plug-in on the back? Details details please!
I'm going to have the dealer program the cluster to my car tomorrow and I'm guessing that will make the correct mileage pop up. I may try unhooking the battery first to see if that fixes it. There is a lot to remove to get to the cluster, it's not the easiest cluster to remove. I can post pictures of what had to be removed if that would help. There is only one plug on the back and it's exactly the same as the one on the base cluster. If not for the mileage not showing up I would drive the car as is and just dismiss the warnings at startup.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Part # on mine is 23153770. I bought the cluster used out of a low mileage 2014 CTS so I had to take what I could get. That being said, it was pretty inexpensive. That's why I took the chance on it.

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport white tri coat/cashmere interior
291 Posts
Yeah, anymore pictures you could post up would be greatly appreciated. From what I can see it looks like you even had to take the top of the dash off?it would be great to know where you started to take the dash apart and in what order things had to be taken off? Also, where did you find info on how to take the dash apart? Also, I see that the speedometer goes the 160 but on my V sport it goes to 180. Do you think mine would take a different gauge cluster? One more thing, let us know how much the dealer charges you for the reprogramming.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'll take additional photos before putting everything back together. I'll also try to detail the order of disassembly. I'll post my results from the dealer tomorrow. I'm not sure about the speedometer since I don't have a V-sport.

·
Registered
2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)
472 Posts
Looks like the 2016 model will get an improved cluster - in the new for 2016- (UDV) 12.3" reconfigurable gauge cluster changed to a high-definition cluster with normally black background and new graphics

·
Registered
Cadillac
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Looks like the 2016 model will get an improved cluster - in the new for 2016- (UDV) 12.3" reconfigurable gauge cluster changed to a high-definition cluster with normally black background and new graphics
I thought this is only change to the car with 12.3" display. Some simple modes are deleted from the option settings. It doesn't become a standard display across the board.

·
Registered
04 CTS, 08 CTS, 12 CTS Prem, 14 CTS Prem, 16 ATS-V, 18 CTS-V
252 Posts
The mileage is stored in the BCM (Body Control Module) on the CTS, the cluster should pull the mileage from it once its programmed correctly.

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V Sport, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1972 Pontiac
337 Posts
This is great. Can you tell us where you got the cluster and how much? Used autoparts store online? And update on how it's working

·
Registered
2014 CTS V-Sport
13 Posts
Wow! I can't believe it was that easy. Did you try unhooking the battery for a minute to see if that fix the mileage issue? And also, how did you get the cluster out. And is there just one plug-in on the back? Details details please!
I'm going to have the dealer program the cluster to my car tomorrow and I'm guessing that will make the correct mileage pop up. I may try unhooking the battery first to see if that fixes it. There is a lot to remove to get to the cluster, it's not the easiest cluster to remove. I can post pictures of what had to be removed if that would help. There is only one plug on the back and it's exactly the same as the one on the base cluster. If not for the mileage not showing up I would drive the car as is and just dismiss the warnings at startup.
Did you fix all of the issues?

·
Registered
2015 CTS vsport
21 Posts
Well since the other guy sucks at responding and probably gave up.... I went ahead and did this to my vSport. It was easy and took about and hour using the guide at repair procedures. I didn't take pics but I'll fill you in on what the dealer had told me. When I got the cluster installed I too received errors. It was plag and play and virtually worked perfectly aside from the errors and mileage. I called the dealership to see if they could program it and they said they could. When I brought it in they said only a new never used cluster can be programmer to my car and that as soon as a vin has been "burned in that it could not be programmed by the dealership. Right now I think I'm going to buy a new cluster from the dealership so all works well. Also, the price to program is 350

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V Sport, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1972 Pontiac
337 Posts
Where did you get the cluster? And it only took an hour? That seems amazing and totally worth doing.

21 - 40 of 129 Posts