Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a member did this on his ATS. Anybody actually do this on CTS V Sport???

There are two things I wish I can have on the "base" CTS V Sport: sunroof and that cluster. Out of these two, I'd really like to have the cluster.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS V-Sport -Phantom Grey / Blue Leather
191 Posts
It WAS done in an ATS.... with an XTS cluster.. which is a wider cluster. THis *should* work... as its all the same binnacle. I am going to check into this too...
I didn't know this is possible... I would love to do this as well. Any updates?

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V Sport, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1972 Pontiac
332 Posts
Base vsport does not have led gauges. Trust me, I have one. I want the gauges and the moon roof, but 10g was too much and I didn't care about the other stuff and it's all or nothing.

·
Registered
Camaro
3 Posts
It can be done, we did it to our Z/28, car came with a non color base cluster and with some good programing we replaced with the color cluster.

·
Registered
2015 CTS vsport
21 Posts
Is there any instructions on doing this. I can't find anything. The cluster itself is pretty cheap.

·
Registered
Cadillac
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It can be done, we did it to our Z/28, car came with a non color base cluster and with some good programing we replaced with the color cluster.
What programming/system conflict did you run into? I'd think the conversion process would be very similar assuming LCD cluster and base cluster shares the same wire harness. I'm wondering how much of the program in ECM/PCM is different between two clusters. It could be just reflash the computer to recognize the new cluster part #. Curious...curious...

·
Registered
Cadillac
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't wait to see your result. Not a day passes by that I don't think about...gosh, that's one ugly cluster.

If Cadillac were attempting to create that perfect date, it created a beauty with great curves and dressed with right accent (lights) that just draws you in. She can slow dance and boogie whenever necessary or asked for. Then when you get even closer to get a better look at her...to stare into and gaze...first thing every morning...and last thing every night, you realize she has lazy eyes.

Come on man!!!

I bought an LCD cluster and I'm going to install it as soon as I receive it next week. I will post my results.

·
Registered
2014 CTS 2.0T AWD Premium (Phantom Grey/Morello Red)
43 Posts
I don't get it. If you really don't like the cluster that much, why didn't you just spend a bit more and get a performance trim with the seat and cluster package?? Knowing up front how ugly your cluster is, is it really worth this much hassle to get it replaced afterward as opposed to investing upfront???

·
Registered
Cadillac
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not sure about others, but I wanted the V sport. I went from V coupe 6M to ATS 3.6. I wanted more power than naturally aspirated 3.6, so it was natural step up to a VSport. Problem is Vsport packaging is that you either get it in "base" form or loaded to the gill. Seat and cluster package, as you mentioned for a performance trim with other engines, is not an a la carte option when you choose Vsport. That requires a step up to the Vsport Premium with about $7k (my price) added to the package. Don't get me wrong: extra 7K does buy lots of additional equipment. That just didn't speak the right value proposition for me, since only two things I would want out of the step up package are moonroof and the all LCD cluster.

I don't get it. If you really don't like the cluster that much, why didn't you just spend a bit more and get a performance trim with the seat and cluster package?? Knowing up front how ugly your cluster is, is it really worth this much hassle to get it replaced afterward as opposed to investing upfront???

·
Registered
'14 V sport
88 Posts
Same here. Premium on my V sport was way too dear just to get different gauges when I didn't care about any of the other add-ons.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok, I bolted in the LCD cluster and it worked. I had to dismiss some warnings about options my car does not have but past that everything else works. The mileage did not populate though. I am going to get the cluster programmed to my car tomorrow to see if the mileage will show properly.

thumb_IMG_0325_1024.jpg thumb_IMG_0326_1024.jpg

·
Registered
Cadillac
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow...I can't believe how much of the display worked without any additional programming! I'm not sure who will be programming your car, but know that manufacturers routinely "mask" some of the display messages even from the factory, so the hiding the faults/messages should work via Tech 2.

Ok, I bolted in the LCD cluster and it worked. I had to dismiss some warnings about options my car does not have but past that everything else works. The mileage did not populate though. I am going to get the cluster programmed to my car tomorrow to see if the mileage will show properly.

View attachment 299273 View attachment 299281

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport white tri coat/cashmere interior
291 Posts
Wow! I can't believe it was that easy. Did you try unhooking the battery for a minute to see if that fix the mileage issue? And also, how did you get the cluster out. And is there just one plug-in on the back? Details details please!

1 - 20 of 129 Posts