Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Escalade Ext, 2013 Luxury Ats, 2014 Perf Ats, 2014 Prem Cts, 2017 Sierra Denali
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my dealership nearby and after checking my truck for any required services he offered me a tire and rim protection 5 years for $700. I have 22's on my 08 ext. The protection is from Absolute Automotive, does anyone have this protection? The guy said he would give me a couple days to decide. (I live in NJ and the road are horrible)

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,455 Posts
I don't know anything about that coverage. That said, anytime someone offers you a service that costs you money is usually to their benefit, not yours. If it was to your benefit, they wouldn't be in business. JMHO.

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,243 Posts
Sounds like total BS I live in New York and when I purchased one of those when I had a problem they would tell me something there is not covered. 700$ you can buy 2 new rims off of ebay so I would say no rip off.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Many owners in the northeast including myself switch to 18" in the winter for a few reasons, smoother ride on the poor roads, better choice of tires, MUCH cheaper wheel and tire cost if you bump a curb, and of course better wheel protection because of the higher series of tires i.e. more air to cushion. Never been a fan of third party warranties, seen too many people get them only to find they are really useless, or the company goes out of business. JMO

·
Registered
2011 Escalade Premium Edition
196 Posts
I bought it with my SRX and it was worth it. The rim cracked right under a wheel weight and was losing air.
Obviously it is a calculated risk. If you drive on bad roads maybe it will pay off for you. Also check the contract. Mine stipulated that you need minimum 3/32 tread left or no deal.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade Ext, 2013 Luxury Ats, 2014 Perf Ats, 2014 Prem Cts, 2017 Sierra Denali
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input ^^^^^ I'm gonna think about over the weekend, the protection company website doesn't have a lot of information about the policy and the brochure I recieved doesn't have any restrictions. I leaning towards denying it, and just wanted to see if anyone on the forums had this exact one.

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,243 Posts
You can buy the rims for less 700 is a lot. I live in New York City had my truck for 5 yrs no problem. When I need tires I go get 22 inch bridgestones with 70percent life for 100 installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts