Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS Northstar
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious as to how they would look on my stealth grey cts-v.

Anybody have any pictures of black rims on a stealth grey car?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Stealth Gray
145 Posts
no but that is what I originaly wanted. Then I was thinking of having them powder coated the same color with a polished lip.
That would look very nice! I contemplated doing just that with painted Kinesis 3-piece wheels, but $$$.

I ended up getting a set from ebay for 1/2 price that were p/c black, so I'll have to take some pics.

Michael

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V, '76 Eldo Convertibles, '41 Series 61 Sedanette
35 Posts
I have an 04 with a set of black powdercoated rims. Got the 07 black centers for them as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 RedLine Cadillac CTS-V
457 Posts
One of my pet peeves is someone refers to the entire wheel as a 'rim'. The rim consists of the area that directly touches or is close to the tire. Or am I wrong?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
One of my pet peeves is someone refers to the entire wheel as a 'rim'. The rim consists of the area that directly touches or is close to the tire. Or am I wrong?
I consider a rim to be the entire metal part, also referred to by most as "wheel". For your entertainment, here is an excerpt from wikipedia's definition:

In recent times, the customaftermarket wheel has become a status symbol. These wheels are often incorrectly referred to as "rims." The term "rim" is incorrect because the rim is only a portion of a wheel, just as with a coffee cup or meteor crater. When a rim is fitted by a mechanic, this process is called a 'rimjob'. These "rims" have a great deal of variation, and are often very shiny. Some custom "rims" include a bearing-mounted, free-spinning disc which continues to rotate by inertia after the automobile is stopped. In slang, these are referred to as "Spinners" [3].

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I like how no one has caught the vandalism in that Wikipedia entry yet. Somebody slipped in the "rimjob" joke... Haha.
In recent times, the customaftermarket wheel has become a status symbol. These wheels are often incorrectly referred to as "rims." The term "rim" is incorrect because the rim is only a portion of a wheel, just as with a coffee cup or meteor crater. When a rim is fitted by a mechanic, this process is called a 'rimjob'. These "rims" have a great deal of variation, and are often very shiny. Some custom "rims" include a bearing-mounted, free-spinning disc which continues to rotate by inertia after the automobile is stopped. In slang, these are referred to as "Spinners" [3].
That's the hilarious thing about Wikipedia- since anyone can edit an entry, people are always vandalizing entries like this. I can see it now: Old lady needs a new wheel, so she researches it on Wikipedia, then goes to her dealer and tells the Service Writer she needs a rim job. :histeric:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Stealth Gray
145 Posts
The leading Oxford English definition is a circular object that revolves on an axle, fixed below a vehicle to enable it to move along or forming part of a machine.

So Poindexterly, the wheel includes the whole circular object including the rubber. The value of a word or lexicon is measured by its ability to succinctly and accurately convey meaning.

If you asked two questions to the greater population:
1. Anyone have black rims on their car?
2. Anyone have black wheels on their V?

Which do you suppose would carry the highest percentage of accurate comprehension?

Michael

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The leading Oxford English definition is a circular object that revolves on an axle, fixed below a vehicle to enable it to move along or forming part of a machine.

So Poindexterly, the wheel includes the whole circular object including the rubber. The value of a word or lexicon is measured by its ability to succinctly and accurately convey meaning.

If you asked two questions to the greater population:
1. Anyone have black rims on their car?
2. Anyone have black wheels on their V?

Which do you suppose would carry the highest percentage of accurate comprehension?

Michael
reeeeeeeems mang!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I like how no one has caught the vandalism in that Wikipedia entry yet. Somebody slipped in the "rimjob" joke... Haha.

That's the hilarious thing about Wikipedia- since anyone can edit an entry, people are always vandalizing entries like this. I can see it now: Old lady needs a new wheel, so she researches it on Wikipedia, then goes to her dealer and tells the Service Writer she needs a rim job. :histeric:
I was just waiting for someone to catch that LOL.

Just so glad it was you, Tony :highfive:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts