Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe (gone, but not forgotten)
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How easy is it to find a V withOUT a sunroof? Every dealer site I've checked, plus cars.com show nearly all cars with sunroofs. Would love to not have the pano above my head.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
When I did a nationwide search, there were zero on the ground or on order without a sunroof. If/when I order one, it will be without a sunroof as well. I hate sunroofs!

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2016 CTS-V
229 Posts
I ordered mine without the sunroof specifically because the sunroof leaked in my V2...

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I love sunroofs. And I'm glad I live in a place where I can fully appreciate them. To add a bit of light in the winter. To open with all other windows up on a cool autumn day. To pop everything open in a not too oppressive summer. Sunroofs are the next best thing to a convertible...and much more practical.

I would never have a car that had an optional sunroof and then not choose that.

You are all disgusting vampires...

·
Registered
228 Posts
I ordered my V2 without a sunroof, and my V3 order is without the hole in the roof as well. Though, it isn't a deal breaker either way for me. I have the pano in my current Vsport and rarely use it, so I didn't order it on my V3. I am happy they offer the pano roof as a standalone option, since it is a personal preference.

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V
73 Posts
Mine is on order With the roof. As a former car dealer, I can say that the sunroof on high-line cars like this create a more desirable product down the road if/when you go to resell it. I rarely use them but always order my cars with them.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
165 Posts
I got mine from Sewell Cadillac sans the sunroof. I didnt order it, someone had backed out of their deal and thats when I jumped on it. I do prefer a sunroof but I can live without it. I plan to drive my CL65 on nice spring days because it truly is the closest thing to a convertible since it is B pillarless and has a sunroof.

·
Registered
Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon
1,086 Posts
I ordered mine with sun roof but it came without it. :eek:
I ordered mine without a sunroof but it came with it. Miscommunication between dealer and factory. Dealer didn't check "delete sunroof" which has its own code. Dealer didn't charge me for it. Five years with it and I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
Escalade Platinum 2012 & 2015, 2016 CTS-V
48 Posts
like they say we all get what we dont want and we all want what we cant have. Thats life sometimes

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe (gone, but not forgotten)
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I totally get the resale thing. I always lease, and seemingly always get out of my cars early -- so having the right options is key. I just swapped out my 550i and the guy who took it over was pleased that my Cali car had the cold package! So yeah, I might be shooting myself in the foot by not getting the sunroof.

·
Registered
2008 STS-V; 2013 CTS-V
180 Posts
I ordered mine without the sunroof - too noisy at speeds above 250 km/h. And since I drive regularly at those speeds it was important that I am able to communicate with my passengers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts