Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to lease a BMW 335i, but this car has me interested.
I'm wondering what the real world lease payment is like for a loaded 2008 CTS?

If anyone is leasing, please post model, price paid, monthly payment, down payment, term, mileage, etc.

I'm assuming ~$450. Any more than that and I'd just get the BMW.

TIA!

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
I've received two quotes from two different dealers here in SoCal. Both were right around $680/month with minimum drive off of about $1200. That is with 10k miles/yr for 39 months on an MSRP of roughly 46.5K. No info yet on money factor or residual values.

Steve

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've received two quotes from two different dealers here in SoCal. Both were right around $680/month with minimum drive off of about $1200. That is with 10k miles/yr for 39 months on an MSRP of roughly 46.5K. No info yet on money factor or residual values.

Steve

I hope it'll be lower than that when the numbers come out!! :eek:

I typo'ed my original post, I'm hoping this car will be ~$550/mo max with a down payment like you've mentioned. Everything I've read about leasing says to avoid putting a big down payment.

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
GM SmartBuy (similar to a lease) has the following residuals:

24 months - 73%
30 months - 68%
36 months - 64%
39 months - 63%

This is the low mileage version (<10K per year). The GMAC interest rate is 6.75%. With these numbers, a $45K purchase price with $2K down will get you right at $550/mo for 36 to 39 months.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I have sold a few and got the payments in the $500's..

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
GM SmartBuy (similar to a lease) has the following residuals:

24 months - 73%
30 months - 68%
36 months - 64%
39 months - 63%

This is the low mileage version (<10K per year). The GMAC interest rate is 6.75%. With these numbers, a $45K purchase price with $2K down will get you right at $550/mo for 36 to 39 months.

This sounds about right. If I plug in the exact numbers I come withing $13/month of the quotes given to me by the two dealers. The $680/month that I listed included 8.25% tax. So the pre-tax payment is in the $630s. Also, the $1200 cash upfront included the first months payment.

Steve

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I deal with a lot of employees that get GMS...

Keeps the payment down.. Buy rate is 5.15% on a lease..

·
Registered
Cadillac
28 Posts
Can somebody explain me what the difference between Smartbuy and Smartlease
I'm going to lease car in November, so far CTS looks very attractive
I want to have low monthly payment, so I prefer to put bigger down payment, and I know that is very bad idea in case of conventional lease
So, what about Smartbuy??
And how can I calculate payments and last balloon payment? (I know how to do that for conventional lease)

·
Registered
Cadillac
44 Posts
I am looking to lease a 2008 CTS for 36 months with mileage of 12K/yr. I was quoted a GMAC lease rate of 6.15% and a residual of 62%. That residual is 3 points higher that the 59 stated by XLR in a previous post but I'm guessing that the 59 was with 15K miles/yr and 3 points are added because my mileage is 12K/yr.

Also, is the 5.15 rate quoted by Superior Cadillac in the post above a national rate and can the dealer "juice" the GMAC lease rate for finance income, thus my quote of 6.15 or does it vary by state? I always thought the GMAC rate was a national rate.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
NY metro area - for Base + Auto + Seating Pkg + Compact Spare (which should be included !) - Sticker=35995 +745 Dest. = 36740 ; Invoice = 34726.48 (inc 719.90 for advert etc) [just one of the 1st '08 they had rec'd)

dealer quoted 39 mo lease w/15K/yr, nothing down @ $563/mo with a residual @ 21310

this is a low end model so no one will touch these in the $400s for a lease on the order of 3 yrs. w/o substantial money down

·
Registered
Cadillac
32 Posts
Just picked up mine on Sat...3.6DI, Luxury level 1, performance collection, sunroof, wood accents:

$0 down
First month + reg, plates

$578 / Mo

39 months (well 38)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts