Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anybody has a stock subwoofer for a 1999 STS or have an idea of where i may be able to purchase one thank you.

·
Registered
1994 SLS, 1998 STS, 2002 STS...subject to change w/o notice.
19 Posts
Get one from Bose...for free! Go to their website and send them an email. They just sent me a new front door speaker, as well as a decklid sub for my 98. They overnighted the speaks to me, and I didn't pay a dime. It's the "Bose Customer Goodwill Program".
This is assuming yours is "blown" and needs to be replaced. Apparently Bose doesn't want any blown speakers out there. It would create disgruntled consumers who would not recommend or support Bose. I guess they feel they have enough of that already.
Really though, it was free and easy. I didn't even have to prove to them that I actually even owned the car...weird.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD
1,589 Posts
WTF!? That's cool. Did you have to give them a part number or say you wanted it free? lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did have to supply the part #s. I was a little surprised that it worked. I also have a "Cadillac only" junkyard(aka heaven) near me, so I was prepared to go get the speaks from there, but it wasn't necessary as I did get them for free. The rear decklid speaker is Bose part # 182058-002.
Also, all of this was within the past couple weeks. Oddly enough, as soon as I got the replacement speakers, my originals quit making the noise, so I haven't even installed either of them yet. They're still in the boxes sitting on the desk in my office.
The following quote is from my correspondence with Bose. I received this email on 6/1.
"Your welcome. I can send you both of those speakers under Customer Goodwill Policy (no charge to you) through UPS and you can have them installed. What is the mailing address you would like me to ship these speakers to ?
Please let me know and I will have them shipped out next week.Thank you for contacting Bose Corporation."

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,725 Posts
I have a new and in the box subwoofer if you are interested.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@ CadillacSTS2003 - I can't reply to PMs yet...too much of a noob here. I'll check next time I'm there though. I've thought about looking for one for me too. It seems to be a pretty uncommon option.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
I always assumed this was the case. I think any good reputable speaker companies do this. We had a local company here. Maybe you've heard of Becker speakers. They were manufactured right up the road from me for years. Lifetime guarantee, no questions asked.

Becker actually manufactured speakers for Kenwood for many years also.

Get one from Bose...for free! Go to their website and send them an email. They just sent me a new front door speaker, as well as a decklid sub for my 98. They overnighted the speaks to me, and I didn't pay a dime. It's the "Bose Customer Goodwill Program".
This is assuming yours is "blown" and needs to be replaced. Apparently Bose doesn't want any blown speakers out there. It would create disgruntled consumers who would not recommend or support Bose. I guess they feel they have enough of that already.
Really though, it was free and easy. I didn't even have to prove to them that I actually even owned the car...weird.
Good luck!

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
np
i was just checking
i though you may of introduced me to a new speaker co that i never herd of lol
gotta try and stay on top of my audio!

·
Registered
00' sts
220 Posts
i just took the sub out of my 2000 sts. i guess its for sale since im not gonna use it.

also, i need another sub grill to use for another project, can anybody tell me where to get one for cheap? they want 81 bucks at dealer

·
Registered
19 Posts
i wanna know how someone got speakers for free! bose told me go to a dealer!
Bummer. I would try again if you still need the speaker(s).
I just wrote a pretty in depth email to them, explaining that I love my STS, but it has this one single flaw...OK, so it has plenty more flaws...white lie.
It was surprisingly easy. I sent the first email on a Thursday. Monday morning the wiz called me at work and told me that UPS just delivered 2 packages from Bose. 3 emails sent & 3 emails received = free new speakers.
My speakers sounded like [email protected], but right about the time I got the replacements they started sounding fine...whatever. So, I do still have the speakers NIB, but I don't think I'll offer them. I'm sure the old ones are just experiencing a temporary rejuvenation. I bet I'll be replacing them soon. And I wouldn't want to count on getting free ones a second time...maybe I was just lucky and got the right customer service rep. All emails were read and replied to by the same individual.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts