Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slowly my car has turned white and black...
The tails don't look bad, but I'm wondering
What they look like tinted on a white diamond cts.
I would want them glossy not flat black.
Pics please.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
in my opinion you need to tint your tails, cause it looks a little funny to me now...i am not hating, cause i do like what you have done to your ride, but i just believe you still could do a few more things to make it look a little better

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comps on what I've done, to be
Honest I bought this car and said it is staying
Stock...well that didn't happen..lol.
No offence taken..the tails don't bug me I just
Think it may look better black.
The reason I thought of tinting them is cuz I
Sent my buddy a pic of it and he said "I like
What you have don't with the white, black and
RED"
That got me thinkin...pics so I can decide would
Help. I know someone on here has got to have a
White one with tinted tails...or will I be the 1st?? Lol

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
i have seen a few white one's with tinted tails...they look okay, but they didnt have the black rims, so it dont look as good...

·
Registered
2005 CTS
162 Posts
Oh yeah...it took a minute because I was updatin software on my phone. My bad...I'll PM ya back...

THX for the info. I asked because I have to put the 18's to bed. I should have gotten 20's to begin with...

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah...it took a minute because I was updatin software on my phone. My bad...I'll PM ya back...

THX for the info. I asked because I have to put the 18's to bed. I should have gotten 20's to begin with...
i did the same thing, i picked up 20z last summer for really cheap and then grabbed 20zzz last week.. sold the 18s for a lot more than i paid 4 them :)

·
Registered
2005 CTS
162 Posts
Tru...my 18's looked great, but there is something about 20's...22's are overboard but 20's...yeah the right ones set it off right...

About the original post...no. I have a white diamond Caddy no tinted tails...I do want eyelids though. Another post I saw this weekend was interesting. Someone with a black CTS had eyelids that ran down the headlight even with the edge of the hood. I thought that was unique and way more aggressive. I can't find the post though!

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Tru...my 18's looked great, but there is something about 20's...22's are overboard but 20's...yeah the right ones set it off right...
i think the right 22s set it off also...i love my 20s and it will be hard for me to change, i even tried 22s and didnt like it at one point in time, but i have seen a few on here that look really nice...i paticulary like the Vogue CV-7s in 22s and think they look great

·
Registered
2005 CTS
162 Posts
Yeah, that would be them! Saw em on a black CTS though, but the exact same ones. Look tight. So where can I get these? Is it just vinyl wrap? Sorry, i just know electronics...lol

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i made them.... lol
go to a sign store and get them to match their vynal book with your paint, then they can order it and you can cut your own designs... i gtg to bed i just got called into work for 6 am and ive been up since 4am ....this is gonna suck... send me a pm tomorrow and ill check how much i have left in the white diamond...i may haveto order more i haveto re do mine they got a chip in one, so if i do we can split on some and ill mail u it.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
o3cts has a sick silver cts with really dark tails. I think it looks good, and I will some day tint my tail lights.

·
Registered
White '04 CTS 3.6L,Two JL 12w7 + Bose/ Boston Tweets
1,481 Posts
hey idk if this helps, I went outside and snapped one...they're overlays, im going to VHT soon...:bouncy:

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
hey idk if this helps, I went outside and snapped one...they're overlays, im going to VHT soon...:bouncy:
This is EXACTLY what I want my tail lights to look like!!

Are the overlays you used pretty simple? Look terrible? I really don't want to mess with VHT spray, cuz that requires way too much work. -_-

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Has anyone found out where we can get overlays for all 3 lights??
What company makes them I want them asap!!

·
Registered
2008 STS N* lowered with D3 springs on 20's staggered
140 Posts
just be careful and make sure its not illegal to have your tails tinted in your state. VA sucks balls

1 - 20 of 25 Posts