Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a little bit confused as the Zaino site has several types of products that say they do the same thing. Well, this is what I want to do:

-- 100% clean surface to prepare for polish.
-- Swirl mark remover.
-- Polish
-- wax.

I have a black 2003 cadillac escalade. Problem is I have tons of swirl marks and fine scratches. Pretty much every panel on the car is several or one big swirl. I was goingto buy the kit but I didnt want to get anything I wont use. Also I dont want to use a buffer, Id like to do it by hand. Is it possoble to remove swirls by hand?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hcvone said:
Mikeee, you can use scratch and swirl remover by hand, it is just a lot of work, you may want to take it to a good detail shop, or good body shop to have it buffed out, but if you don't mind a lot of work you can do it yourself, you may want to do panel by panel, or the whole truck. As far as Zaino products I would suggest Z-2, Z-5, Z-6, Z-7, Z-18 and ZFX, to that add Z-PC Scratch and Swirl Remover. Since you are going to use a Swirl Remover you can do without Z-18 Clay Bar. If you want the bare minimum get Z-5, Z-6, Z-7 (if you wash your truck yourself) ZFX and Z-PC (that is our Scratch & Swirl Remover) What state are you in?
thanks hvcone! Im in Central Texas. So the weather has a mind of its own here, but its usualy pretty warm/hot the majority of the year.

Yeah I dont think I want to take it anywhere, I just simply do not trust anyone. After having parts of my cars chopped off with machines used by whatI think are just careless people, I refuse to go anywhere. Im sure there are some good places, but unless a shop is prepared to let me hold a big check while they do my car, then Im just going to do it myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.