Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a little bit confused as the Zaino site has several types of products that say they do the same thing. Well, this is what I want to do:

-- 100% clean surface to prepare for polish.
-- Swirl mark remover.
-- Polish
-- wax.

I have a black 2003 cadillac escalade. Problem is I have tons of swirl marks and fine scratches. Pretty much every panel on the car is several or one big swirl. I was goingto buy the kit but I didnt want to get anything I wont use. Also I dont want to use a buffer, Id like to do it by hand. Is it possoble to remove swirls by hand?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
mikeee said:
Im a little bit confused as the Zaino site has several types of products that say they do the same thing. Well, this is what I want to do:
-- 100% clean surface to prepare for polish.
-- Swirl mark remover.
-- Polish
-- wax.
I have a black 2003 cadillac escalade. Problem is I have tons of swirl marks and fine scratches. Pretty much every panel on the car is several or one big swirl. I was goingto buy the kit but I didnt want to get anything I wont use. Also I dont want to use a buffer, Id like to do it by hand. Is it possoble to remove swirls by hand?
Mikeee, you can use scratch and swirl remover by hand, it is just a lot of work, you may want to take it to a good detail shop, or good body shop to have it buffed out, but if you don't mind a lot of work you can do it yourself, you may want to do panel by panel, or the whole truck. As far as Zaino products I would suggest Z-2, Z-5, Z-6, Z-7, Z-18 and ZFX, to that add Z-PC Scratch and Swirl Remover. Since you are going to use a Swirl Remover you can do without Z-18 Clay Bar. If you want the bare minimum get Z-5, Z-6, Z-7 (if you wash your truck yourself) ZFX and Z-PC (that is our Scratch & Swirl Remover) What state are you in?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hcvone said:
Mikeee, you can use scratch and swirl remover by hand, it is just a lot of work, you may want to take it to a good detail shop, or good body shop to have it buffed out, but if you don't mind a lot of work you can do it yourself, you may want to do panel by panel, or the whole truck. As far as Zaino products I would suggest Z-2, Z-5, Z-6, Z-7, Z-18 and ZFX, to that add Z-PC Scratch and Swirl Remover. Since you are going to use a Swirl Remover you can do without Z-18 Clay Bar. If you want the bare minimum get Z-5, Z-6, Z-7 (if you wash your truck yourself) ZFX and Z-PC (that is our Scratch & Swirl Remover) What state are you in?
thanks hvcone! Im in Central Texas. So the weather has a mind of its own here, but its usualy pretty warm/hot the majority of the year.

Yeah I dont think I want to take it anywhere, I just simply do not trust anyone. After having parts of my cars chopped off with machines used by whatI think are just careless people, I refuse to go anywhere. Im sure there are some good places, but unless a shop is prepared to let me hold a big check while they do my car, then Im just going to do it myself.

·
Registered
99 STS
103 Posts
I would deffinetly look around for a good buffer man. Getting swirles out on black is IMO just about impossible by hand.
Anyone who is good will give you some refrences so you can see their work. Z5 doesnt hide very deep swirles just minor blems.
After a MI winter I have to start over ea. spring w/a buffer to clear the paint of swirles and procede w/Zaino.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts