Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1996 DeVille
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '96 DeVille has the factory standard "Soft Ride" suspension. Does anyone know of a "reasonable" way to firm it up? I checked on aftermarket front struts, but no one has them - just GM dealers (I work at a Buick/Chevrolet dealershp). A local Monroe distributor told me replacement struts were available as "dealer items" only at this time, but he thought Monroe might be coming out with aftermarket struts as soon as this year. The GM struts are very expensive, even at my employee cost, so I'm looking for any suggestions for other ways to firm up the soft ride. My DeVille has only 36,500 miles, and the OE struts are not defective or leaking... just softer than I prefer.

Lee

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Change the springs. Even though I'm sure your struts are probably in need of replacement too, different springs ARE available and you could transfer them to the new struts when you get them.

·
Registered
1996 DeVille
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Any way to firm up DeVille's

Katshot said:
Change the springs. Even though I'm sure your struts are probably in need of replacement too, different springs ARE available and you could transfer them to the new struts when you get them.
Thanks for the suggestion - I'll look into springs if I decide to change the ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts