Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V Sedan 6pd
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cadillac website says late spring. 30 days left until the end of spring and the website hasn't changed or been updated since the comparison. Anyone got any news???

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
1,654 Posts
How about we see a back-to-back comparison between the ATS-V and the BMW M3/4, whatever, around a serious high speed road track, no excuses?

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V 6MT; 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD
294 Posts
tomuchwrk said:
Cadillac website says late spring. 30 days left until the end of spring and the website hasn't changed or been updated since the comparison. Anyone got any news???
Have you called your dealer? What did they say?

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
922 Posts
Have you called your dealer? What did they say?
Many dealers are still unaware of details. I know production was pushed back a month and from what I've heard from the dealer I'm working with says allocations may not be until sometime in June. Then I would think 4-6 weeks after that for production. Not for sure but I would imagine late July early Aug before they start showing up at dealers. Hoping they start show up before then.

·
Registered
CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)
776 Posts
My dealer is expecting his first ordered ATS-V to arrive the 3rd week of June. He invited me to see it before it gets delivered to the owner, so I will be able to say rather it actually shows up on time or not...

----------

Many dealers are still unaware of details. I know production was pushed back a month and from what I've heard from the dealer I'm working with says allocations may not be until sometime in June. Then I would think 4-6 weeks after that for production. Not for sure but I would imagine late July early Aug before they start showing up at dealers. Hoping they start show up before then.
This sounds logical, and probably accurate.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Djason said:
It doesn't surprise me that they don't have a clue. This leads me to believe it's at LEAST two full months out, probably more before they're available on most showroom floors.

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
Wow. As long as they have cooled seats, I can wait......... I see you can "Build Your Own" on Edmunds. Anyone see any really bad info there?

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
It doesn't surprise me that they don't have a clue. This leads me to believe it's at LEAST two full months out, probably more before they're available on most showroom floors.
Caddy very much has a clue, plant startup date is beginning of June....factor in about 6 weeks to delivery.....unless car is placed on quality inspection hold ....where they go over the car with a fine tooth comb looking for flaws, this sometimes takes upwards of a month or more and the earlier the car the more likely this is to happen

----------

Wow. As long as they have cooled seats, I can wait......... I see you can "Build Your Own" on Edmunds. Anyone see any really bad info there?
no cooled seats, you need a CTS-V with the standard non recaro sport seat if you want both fun and cooled seats

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
1,654 Posts
So cooled seats aren't available on the CTS-V Recaros? If so another reason to pass, besides the unavailability of a manual transmission. Obviously, I'm not aligned with the grand scheme out of NYC, the font of all knowledge.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
So cooled seats aren't available on the CTS-V Recaros? If so another reason to pass, besides the unavailability of a manual transmission. Obviously, I'm not aligned with the grand scheme out of NYC, the font of all knowledge.
if they had better salsa in NY like we do in the lower states ....it might be a different story

·
Registered
294 Posts
pissedoffwookiee said:
Caddy very much has a clue, plant startup date is beginning of June....factor in about 6 weeks to delivery.....unless car is placed on quality inspection hold ....where they go over the car with a fine tooth comb looking for flaws, this sometimes takes upwards of a month or more and the earlier the car the more likely this is to happen ---------- no cooled seats, you need a CTS-V with the standard non recaro sport seat if you want both fun and cooled seats
I was referring to the local dealership, not Cadillac.

·
Registered
None
525 Posts
The GM Supplier Discount website configurator for the ATS-V is now live. Shows a $4,000 discount. Fully loaded is around $72,000 after discount.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
My dealer took my number and said they would call when they are able to take orders. Very strange.
either get a new salesperson that is informed or go to a different dealer that cares...these are orderable...i already have about a dozen ATS' and CTS' on order and accepted for production

what's silly about this dealer is GM has an earn system so the more they sell the more their distribution algorithm will give them .....so special orders help them get more desirable products

not knowing that they can order can hurt them with this earn system as well....this happened to me when my predecessor retired there was a model of car he didn't understand its desirability so never ordered it.....when i took over my orders for this car were passed over for almost 6 months because the system thought we couldn't sell it because we hadn't sold it.....it took a couple of trades for us to get a few on the books that finally opened things up

1 - 20 of 40 Posts