Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seemed we got a great heads up notice 6 months in advance of all the new 2015i changes. That included 8 speed transmission, surround camera, logo, etc. Someone even posted a memo from Sewell that had written confirmation on those up coming changes. That helped me hold off on getting the new 2015 which were on the dealer lots last April.

I was wondering if any of the great insider peeps have heard of any 2016 changes?

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
It seemed we got a great heads up notice 6 months in advance of all the new 2015i changes. That included 8 speed transmission, surround camera, logo, etc. Someone even posted a memo from Sewell that had written confirmation on those up coming changes. That helped me hold off on getting the new 2015 which were on the dealer lots last April.

I was wondering if any of the great insider peeps have heard of any 2016 changes?

Who knows....but it would be beneficial to smooth out the early gears of the 8spd tranny.... I can live with it, but I'm sure it would be to GM's advantage to smooth it out when you are talking high end applications like the Escalade.

·
Registered
Cadillac
132 Posts
Would be nice if the 2016 didn't have all the 2015 problems. I'd like to see a much softer ride, it's just too harsh. The shocks have no compression or rebound control ! Seats and head rests that aren't rock hard. Have the heated seats warm up faster, and the heated steering wheel stay warm longer. Correct the 360 degree camera system, so it's not clouded up and appears foggy. Fix the booming sound over rough roads, and make the pressure issue go away. Make the transmission shift into the correct year faster when driving around 20-30 mph. Ours feels like it's in 20th gear when you make a slow turn or cruise through a neighborhood. The "chirp" in the exhaust every time you give it gas could go away as well. And for good Lord, put a dang light in the glove box. I'm still in shock they deleted that ???

Make it worth the 80-100k would be a great start.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
We love our Gold 2015i Cadillac Escalade Platinum 4WD ESV.
They can always make improvements.
The camera system needs better lenses and brighter lights.
But self driving cars are on the horizon.
This will make long trips even more enjoyable and much quicker.

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
Would be nice if the 2016 didn't have all the 2015 problems. I'd like to see a much softer ride, it's just too harsh. The shocks have no compression or rebound control ! Seats and head rests that aren't rock hard. Have the heated seats warm up faster, and the heated steering wheel stay warm longer. Correct the 360 degree camera system, so it's not clouded up and appears foggy. Fix the booming sound over rough roads, and make the pressure issue go away. Make the transmission shift into the correct year faster when driving around 20-30 mph. Ours feels like it's in 20th gear when you make a slow turn or cruise through a neighborhood. The "chirp" in the exhaust every time you give it gas could go away as well. And for good Lord, put a dang light in the glove box. I'm still in shock they deleted that ???

+1000%

Couldn't have said it better myself. I want my "Cadillac Ride" back. If I wanted to feel every pit, pebble, and ripple in the road, I'D BUY A CORVETTE.

Lately I've noticed the lumbar pushing into my back causing considerable discomfort even though its fully deflated.

·
Registered
4 Posts

There is help for at least one item--get the trany software updated. Had mine done couple of weeks ago and the around the corner and slow speed stuff has not gone away entirely, but it is at least manageable now. Can't believe they would release a vehicle that does not shift correctly.

·
Registered
2016 Platinum
266 Posts
The 15 is starting to grow on me so I went to look at them again. 2 dealers here in CT both said they are not ordering 15' anymore and to wait for the updated 16'

·
Registered
Cadillac
132 Posts
The 15 is starting to grow on me so I went to look at them again. 2 dealers here in CT both said they are not ordering 15' anymore and to wait for the updated 16'
I would definitely wait and see if the 2016's are better then these 2015's. I wish there were another full size SUV that fit our families needs that we could buy. These two new 2015's have been nothing but a complete annoyance. I've spent countless hours at the dealership service departments trying to get these fixed. All the while treated like I'm the jerk for asking for these issues to be corrected. Wanted to get something nice for my family, and it's only caused tension and arguments.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
TOBTEK said:
I would definitely wait and see if the 2016's are better then these 2015's. I wish there were another full size SUV that fit our families needs that we could buy. These two new 2015's have been nothing but a complete annoyance. I've spent countless hours at the dealership service departments trying to get these fixed. All the while treated like I'm the jerk for asking for these issues to be corrected. Wanted to get something nice for my family, and it's only caused tension and arguments.
You bought two 2015's or 2015i's? I have no problem with my 4wd 2015i platinum built 12/23/14. That's why I couldn't buy a FFRR to replace my escalade hybrid. Two Range Rovers spell disaster when both break and have to rely on my 2003 Honda Pilot or else drive a VW Jetta provided by the LR dealer.

·
Registered
none, yet
178 Posts
Agreed! And with the addition of "integrated duel exhaust outlets". To me, it makes for a more finished
appearance!

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
GM doesn't usually announce model year changes until late in April/early May. My guess is it will be a carryover from the 2015i, but the 2016 model year will most likely just be revised components to correct all the issues from the 2015i changes. I haven't heard anything from anyone inside GM on any changes on the 2016 Escalade. If I hear anything, I will let you guys know!

----------

Does anyone have any idea on when 2016's will start showing up on lots?
July/August

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
All I want to see from the 2016 update is the Dual Exhaust making a comeback on the Platinum trip. I still love the Duals on my 2013 Platinum.

·
Registered
Cadillac
746 Posts
All I want to see from the 2016 update is the Dual Exhaust making a comeback on the Platinum trip. I still love the Duals on my 2013 Platinum.
I would expect very little if anything...perhaps a few new exterior colors. Software fixes for shifting are not mechanical changes and can be rolled out whenever they are ready as a TSB.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't recall where I saw it, but i want to say that GM is doing away with the extended drive-train warranties in 2016??
Has anyone heard this?

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
It has been 60k miles since 2014 model. I didn't see the 100k mile power train warranty. But with regular maintenance like regular tranny fluid change, differential change and it only happens every 100k miles, the escalade should last 200k miles and beyond. It's the electrical I worry more than the drivetrain.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts