Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, mine just crapped out on me today. I remember hearing that you have to lower the engine a little in order to take it out. Would that involve dropping the cradle, or just removing motor mounts? Also, I can see a few cracks in the plasic box where it's located. Do you think that black duct tape could stand the heat and still stick?

Any comments or tips are greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, so thats why the dealer charges $750 for that... Looks like I gots some work to do....

My dogbone mounts are shot right now so I guess I'll end up doing the two jobs together. Darn parts store tried to give me the lower mounts instead of the upper ones last week, like I didn't know what I was talking about. So I'm still waiting for them to come in...

Thanks for the info Ranger.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My blower motor was sounding like a jet air plane on high speed. The dealer changed the motor in no time on my 01 STS in under 1 hour they just pulled it out from under the dash, they did not get into lowering the engine etc. I don't know what year or make your car is.

Krashed989 said:
Yeah, mine just crapped out on me today. I remember hearing that you have to lower the engine a little in order to take it out. Would that involve dropping the cradle, or just removing motor mounts? Also, I can see a few cracks in the plasic box where it's located. Do you think that black duct tape could stand the heat and still stick?

Any comments or tips are greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
86,088 Posts
My '02 SLS as well as my daughters '99 SLS have the blower motor in the cabin under the dash on the passenger side. I do not know when they moved it from the fire wall or if all Sevilles are that way. As mentioned above, my '97 Deville was on the firewall and I would think they still are but then I have noticed that the Seville has a smaller engine bay which would explain why they are in the cabin.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
jb weld will hold up to the heat to seal the crack plus its an adhesive so it is structural.

I used this method in my blazer, it looked as if there was no way to get out the heater core so i sawzalled a hole in the heat ducting and pulled it out. Put the new one in and welded it up. Worked great. May have some smell first month or so.

·
Super Moderator
86,088 Posts
Don't know what year the cabin filter was intorduced but I hear they are a bitch to change. It (three sections) is above and to the right of the accelerator pedal.

·
Registered
61 Posts
:suspense: Does the 94 have a cabin air filter??? and did the jb weld method look acceptable for the eldo?? Probably better than mine its pretty craked up whats left of it:eek:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can the 94 Nstar be rocked forward like the 3.1 Lumina engine. I know they are not the same engine but they seem to have the same layout similarities??? Any thoughts

·
Registered
61 Posts
:D Can the 94 Nstar be rocked forward like the 3.1 Lumina engine. I know they are not the same engine but they seem to have the same layout similarities??? Any thoughts...P.S. My Car survived Hurricane Wilma with only a few minor scratches on the front fender. A limb got caught next to it and rubbed on it. I am typing via generator power:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
86,088 Posts
Just replace the torque strut with a turn buckle and you can rock the eengine forward an inch or two (just enought).

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 97 STS I think it just went out today. Does anybody know the exact location of the blower and is it easy to change also I checked for codes but noting showed I hope its just a fuse or something.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine has no codes either. The location of the blower is in that plastic box sticking out of the firewall, in the engine compartment.

Rangers directions in the link up there in post #2 should be more accurate to your vehicle than mine.

Good Idea about the checking the fuses though. I don't know why but my mind just skipped right over that. lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
FWIW...I just replaced mine today ('99 Deville) using Ranger's instructions, the Thexton engine tilting tool ($34. + shipping on eBay) and blower motor from AutoZone (Siemens made ?).

About 3 1/2 hours from start to finish...thanks Ranger !

green96jxi

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
7 Participants
Ranger