Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it was interesting that France is thinking about banning ultra skinny models from fashion shows in that country. Still considered the cutting edge of women's fashion, it will be interesting to see impact of such a law on the fashion industry.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Well now the problem will be trying to define "how skinny is too skinny" and what about the models already on the job. Will they migrate to Milan now, New York? It's ridiculous. If anyone is that insecure watching them then they don't have to.

This week in my city there was a girl upset over the new Victoria Secret poster at the MidTown Plaza mall and NOW the entire city is divided on the issue!!! They better not take it down and "give in" because then what will be next? Telling people how they can or cannot dress!!?? That girl better not go to the public swimming pool this summer at the park because OH MY GOD there will be a lot of BIKINIS there!!!!

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Good intentions don't always make good legislation. The world is filled with too many laws already.
If people believe models are too thin, and unhealthy they have the right to boycott the companies they work for and/or demonstrate against those companies.
Social pressure and hitting them in the wallet is the best way to get their attention.

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,394 Posts
It's stupid. Sure, there are some people who take things too far, such as anorexics. On the flip side of the coin, there are people who are that way naturally (like a couple of the glorified hall monitors I work with. They are bean poles, but healthy as can be).

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,529 Posts
I intensely dislike the appearance of women (and we ARE talking about models - women) who have to run around in the shower to get wet. :sneaky:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts