Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I used to own 2003 cts, then moved to 08 when they came out. Here we don't have much options in deciding what suspension we get. It is what it is :canttalk:

Well mine seem to have the FE3 suspension and i am sick of it. I want something "much smoother", it is way too jumpy. Sitting in the back seat made me realize it even more.

My questions are:
- Are there any 08 suspension upgrades?
- Is it possible to change to FE1 suspensipns?

I have 3.8 RWD not sure if load balancing is there. i kind of lost the sticker which was next to the spare tire.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 CTS 4
348 Posts
The sticker should be under the spare tire cover.... not next to the tire. FE3 would be the oem upgrade, and in todays world, upgraded suspension means firmer, better for cornering, things like that which sounds like you want to get away from. I'm sure you can downgrade if you find all the parts, but if you do in fact have fe3, you will lose the load balancing feature.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all for responding.

Yes i had the sticker, but misplaced it. I remember thinking that i have FE3. Either case i really would like to soften the ride .. don't mind losing load balancing feature. I wonder if the suspension ride quality (fe1-3) is actually refers to actual shocks or springs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
Former owner 2008 CTS
228 Posts
There are differences in the roll bar diameters and damper rates. Spring rates remain constant throughout the setups. There's a thread on here somewhere that outlines all the differences, but of course I'm looking for it and can't find it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts