Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Any rumors on a new v6? also XTS is ugly

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  BlueAngel#07 
#1 ·
Some discussion: I heard cadillac is coming out with a new v6 soon.. Any ideas on what it's gonna be? I kind of am annoyed how mb had a 3.5 -gm made a 3.6 -infiniti made a 3.7 and now Honda has a 3.8... 4.0 maybe? Or a better 3.6? Also i think the xts is ugly and too big for the 3.6, too small to compete with 745 or s class or a8... Sorry in advance(or retrospect) if u have a xts. The ct6 looks good, name is stupid, please tell me it has a v8! Does such thing as a fuel efficient v8 exist? I read the Chrysler hemi has the same efficiency as the caddys v6. I think caddy should make a new v8(caddy exclusive no chevy) standard in the cts and ct6. Make caddy bigger in all ways compared to Germany. Just some thoughts. Also.. Any word on new transmissions coming out? Dct maybe? I also just read a comparison where the 09 cts v loses to a m3.. Despite being bigger, costing less and being faster.... How does that work?

#4 · (Edited)
Some discussion: I heard cadillac is coming out with a new v6 soon.. Any ideas on what it's gonna be? I kind of am annoyed how mb had a 3.5 -gm made a 3.6 -infiniti made a 3.7 and now Honda has a 3.8... 4.0 maybe? Or a better 3.6? Also i think the xts is ugly and too big for the 3.6, too small to compete with 745 or s class or a8... Sorry in advance(or retrospect) if u have a xts. The ct6 looks good, name is stupid, please tell me it has a v8! Does such thing as a fuel efficient v8 exist? read the Chrysler hemi has the same efficiency as the caddys v6. I think caddy should make a new v8(caddy exclusive no chevy) standard in the cts and ct6. Make caddy bigger in all ways compared to Germany. Just some thoughts. Also.. Any word on new transmissions coming out? Dct maybe? I also just read a comparison where the 09 cts v loses to a m3.. Despite being bigger, costing less and being faster.... How does that work?
No. No. Who cares about MB, Infiniti, and Honda (especially Honda). The XTS is an attractive luxury ride, does just fine with a 6 banger, and doesn't compete with the 7 series (really, you couldn't reference something more recent than a 745?) or S class. The CT6 does look good, it is a stupid name, and will not come with an 8 cylinder, at least initially. Depends on your definition of fuel efficient. Doubt it. I agree, call the engineers. No. No word. It lost some reviews and won others, mostly subjective opinions.

No more questions until you have at least 100 posts! ;)

#5 ·
Fuel efficient V-8; LT1 450 h/p (and torque), pushing 30 mpg (in the Vette) with cylinder deactivation, direct injection (and whatever else they do to make that marvelous engine).

And the XTS; personally I like it (a lot), and depending on availability and price, might be my next vehicle.

#6 ·
I had a conversation with a Chevy dealer a few weeks back and questioned him about what had changed in the set up, the 8-6-4 has come ALONG way since its flop many moons ago. However the repairs on such a system are super expensive and are integrated to the extent that there are NO easy fixes once it fails, and have heard horror stories all ready. There are a number of other not so FARTSY methods of getting economy out of an engine without going all out crazy with sketchy technology. It may be a dream while it works and it's under WARRANTY! But I fear it will be a nightmare waiting to happen for those who choose to own the vehicle beyond coverage. With it's past track record....I would not trust to hope for longevity from it.:bomb:
my 2 cents, And YES! it is a VERY ugly car.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.