Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
CTS 3.6 SOLD!Now SAAB 9-3(me), CTS Wagon(mom), STS 3.6(dad)
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dads deville is about to run out of warranty. are there any things that i should get checked or replaced by the dealer?

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Additionally you can sign up and register your VIN at http://www.mygmlink.com . There's an automatic recall notification and some other good stuff here. Personally I use the site to track my maintenance.

·
Registered
CTS 3.6 SOLD!Now SAAB 9-3(me), CTS Wagon(mom), STS 3.6(dad)
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is there anything you guys have had to replace that the dealership does for free. as with my cts the rear bezel was semi defective and gm without questions changed the rear bezel. anything like that with the deville

·
Registered
03 DTS
225 Posts
If it has ever stalled for no apparent reason have it checked for crank sensor codes. If the Check stability control warning ever came on then went away. Have it checked for any trouble codes and have them addressed. My 03 DTS factory warranty expires 6/25 and just yesterday it gave the Stability control warning and it had the crank sensors done a month ago. It is going in Thursday and I am haveing them check all codes and rpr as needed.

My opinion is, if your keeping it get the extended warranty as I think this model will pay for itself very fast. One head gasket rpr is worth it.

·
Registered
03 DTS
225 Posts
There was a recall about the instrument used to pressure check the fuel tank. Hopefully yours was either already fixed or not in it, mine was not in it. It could cause fuel tank overpressure and rupture was possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts