Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Never tried it. Can you get it at autozone or places like that???

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope. you can only get it from a supplier or from Zaino Brothers themselves. Zaino Web Site

it's not a wax, but a pollish. and it works better than anything i have ever seen before. been using it on the SVT and the G20 for about 2 yrs now.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Hey, you have a G20, thats cool. As you can see I have a Q45, are you on NICO??

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
The Autozone by my house got it....then again it helps that the manager is a big time hot rod guy.
Drives to work in his Cobra replica every Friday.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
How good is it really??? Is it better than meguires products???

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Well his Cobra is black but I can say its really like looking in a black mirror.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Sounds like good stuff.

·
Registered
99 STS
103 Posts
This is the second MI winter that my Vehs. have had Zaino. It lasts through the winter. Never had any product do that before. It is without a doubt the easiest and best product I have ever used.
I just ordered a porter cable orbital buffer to really clean and get rid of swirl marks. Only complaint I have is the Z-5 hides the swirl marks but they do come back.
Gonna get rid of those suckers soon.....

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
If you can, post before and after pics in the pictures section!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WooHoo!

i'll get some pics as soon as it stops freaking SNOWING! will winter ever end?

Zaino is very easy to use. it is expensive, but works great. i used to use meguiar's and i think this stuff is so much better. it doesn't leave ANY powdery residue when you wipe and it's OK to get it on the plastic bits. you don't have to worry about baking it on in the sun. it LIKES the sun.

basically, you apply it in stages. i will start this spring with the clay bar (any clar bar will probably due) to carefully get impurities off the paint. then you wipe on Z1 Pollish-Lok and let it dry. then wipe on either Z2 or Z3 depending on the type of paint and let it cure for about 30 minutes. wipe it off and repeat as necessary. they also have a new product called ZFX which is supposed to cut the "curing" time down to a couple minutes.

another great thing is that you can apply things in any order you want. so if you'd rather start with the swirl remover, Z5, you can. then apply Z2, then Z5, then Z2 again.

the more stuff you put on, the shinier and more glass-like the finish gets.

i have a contact if you guys want to put a GB together.

(also, i did not come to this board to sell you all Zaino. just want to set the record straight. but if people are interested, i am very willing to pimp this product.)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
elwesso -

i love the G20t. it's my wife's car, but it really is great to drive. especially on long trips. i haven't frequented NICO, should i check it out? i have been know to troll around freshalloy.com, tho.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
NICO is the best for infinitis. They REALLY know there stuff, and some of the people know so much I get confused. Even though it is for nissan and infiniti, there are a lot of nissan people that post in the infiniti section because the infiniti people know whats goin on!!

Word of caution: Make sure you do searches before you post a thread, they get a little testy about that!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cool! thanks for the heads up. i'll check it out tonight!

i posted a little while ago on freshalloy.com asking how to wire the lights so the foggies woudl go on without the headlights and after 2 months i finally got a roundabout answer. they are more into the "image" than the function of the car over there.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I have a membership there, and they SUCK!!!! You go down the list, and the most replies you'll see is like 3 or 4.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
i was confused at first also :p

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
baco99 said:
Just curious if you all have had the pleasure of using Zaino Car Pollish?
I may know something about Zaino. ;)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts