Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I program it to easy exit and access, it moves the seat back and reclines the it. It moves the steering wheel down and lifts the brake and gas pedal up. Who makes this programmed movement? I much prefer the whole seat moving back like the previous generation. Is it something that can be programmed? I checked my rental suburban and it moves the same.

·
Registered
'15 ESV, '12 CTS
126 Posts
Nope, it's all messed up. It should be a simple software fix but so far, nothing. Sure you can set easy exit, but as soon as you open the door to enter the vehicle, the seat goes forward, wheel comes down, etc. into the driving position. Makes no sense; earlier models did that AFTER you got into the seat and switched on the ignition.

·
Registered
None
438 Posts
My workaround is I program memory position number 1 and the auto exit memory the same. I program memory position number 2 the way I want it to be when I sit to drive. After the door is closed and the truck is running, before putting it into gear, I touch number 2 and everything goes where I want it to for driving. PITA, yes, but it works fine.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
Nope, it's all messed up. It should be a simple software fix but so far, nothing. Sure you can set easy exit, but as soon as you open the door to enter the vehicle, the seat goes forward, wheel comes down, etc. into the driving position. Makes no sense; earlier models did that AFTER you got into the seat and switched on the ignition.
Both of our 2013's adjust the seat into the driving position when you unlock the door. No trouble getting in when the seat is in the right position for the driver. I think on our models, you could change an option through the settings which would adjust the seat once the key was inserted in the ignition or once the drivers door was unlocked.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts